Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
So the factory xm antenna on the trunk will work with other xm tuners? I didnt realize that. Would that apply with all tuners? Is it a universal connection?
It's a simple coax cable to the antenna. The only issue is that it's a specific connector on the end that is unlikely to fit an aftermarket XM radio or antenna extension. HOWEVER, there ARE adapters available that other folks have found so you can attach to the car antenna. You'll have to search to find those threads though, I didn't keep any link/bookmarks.

It's not a difficult job to run a cable from the rear of the car, forward. Really. Holes exist through the waterfall bulkhead and then just thread down along under the sill trim to the BCM area on the passenger side. Probably take 15 mins tops.

UPDATE: OK I did a search. Here is info on an adapter: Looking for picture of XM antenna connector, radio end.

FURTHER UPDATE: As I read that thread, it seems you can just use the existing cable, though you may (or may not) need to trim the plastic shroud first.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks TS! Can the cable pass through the bulkhead to the sill without removing that huge rear cabin panel,the one with the netted pockets? Just the waterfall?

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
You'll have to remove the sill cover, and the 3/4 panel. Probably only need to pull the top left corner of the 'huge' panel to get access, but maybe not even that. It could be that the 3/4 panel gives enough (I forget now)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I remember when we ran the wires to the rear of my Solstice for the backup camera we didn't have to touch the huge panel at all.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There are some posts in one of the Facebook Pontiac Solstice groups with information from someone who is hooking up a portable unit to the factory XM antenna with photos.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts