Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting aftermarket wheels for my sol and gauging interest in the sale of the factory polished wheels. these wheels have about 600 miles on them and will be sold without tires. Looking for $750 for the set or best offer. Local pickups preffered, who wants em? :cool:

·
Registered
340 Posts
750.00??

Just wondering how these wheels appreciated 205.00 from MSRP of 545.00.

·
Registered
729 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
750.00??

Just wondering how these wheels appreciated 205.00 from MSRP of 545.00.
Well, that's $545 for the cost of polished wheels OVER the standard painted wheels. You can't get painted wheels for $205. So, $750 sounds like a good deal to me.

- bspate -

·
Registered
340 Posts
bspate said:
Well, that's $545 for the cost of polished wheels OVER the standard painted wheels. You can't get painted wheels for $205. So, $750 sounds like a good deal to me.

- bspate -
Sounds logical. Sorry for stirring the pot.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Are you going to sell them with the tires as well, or is this for the wheels only?

·
2,574 Posts
Psi-Fi said:
Looking at getting aftermarket wheels for my sol and gauging interest in the sale of the factory polished wheels. these wheels have about 600 miles on them and will be sold without tires. Looking for $750 for the set or best offer. Local pickups preffered, who wants em? :cool:
Location? :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
this is for wheels only, i am located in NJ and prefer local pickup but will ship.

On a side note the factory tires cost approx $350 each, id keep them on the polished wheels and sell all 4 wheels and tires for $1500 or best offer.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The factory tires (RSA's) directly from GoodYear are $294.00 ea. if you go to a discounter like Tirerack the price even drops further, like $215.00 ea. This just for information only.
So you are actually selling the tires for about $187.50 ea.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LatinVenom said:
The factory tires (RSA's) directly from GoodYear are $294.00 ea. if you go to a discounter like Tirerack the price even drops further, like $215.00 ea. This just for information only.
So you are actually selling the tires for about $187.50 ea.
Oops sorry the site i looked at had them listed in teh $300's.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
The F1s, which I would rather have actually are selling for less than the RSAs! I wish that GM would allow you to pick between the F1s and the RSAs, because the prices are similar. :thumbs: The F1s look better and GM advertises their Sol/Sky with them on the car, so I think they know they look better as well. JMHO

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Psi-Fi said:
I would love them for my 2004 Murano, but I believe the bolt patterns are different for sure, and I'm not sure about the offset. Sitting next to each other in the garage, my wife's polished Solstice wheels look so much nicer than my $1300 Tire Rack AT Italia aftermarket Murano wheels.

By the way folks, watch out for Tire Rack!!! They have issues..... :willy:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Still have them?

You need to clear your private message box. Do you still have the wheels?

·
Registered
212 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
Sounds logical. Sorry for stirring the pot.
I don't know that it is logical, anyone who wanted polished wheels would just pay the upgrade of $545. Paying more even if you get to keep the stock wheels is ridiculous unless you need 4 extra heavy paperweights.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
danlbrau said:
I don't know that it is logical, anyone who wanted polished wheels would just pay the upgrade of $545. Paying more even if you get to keep the stock wheels is ridiculous unless you need 4 extra heavy paperweights.
some people dont have that option as they are buying the cars off of the lots and some have the painted wheels. These are still available but are going on ebay in the next few days.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Psi-Fi said:
some people dont have that option as they are buying the cars off of the lots and some have the painted wheels. These are still available but are going on ebay in the next few days.
Honestly, I wish the best of luck to you but there aren't a lot of cars sitting around on lots. The one thing you have in your favor is the polished wheels are currently a limiting factor on building the cars as they just don't have enough of them, so maybe you'll end up OK. I was told my order was on hold because of the polished wheels option and I'd get it quicker if I deleted them, but I held out. Some may have just taken the car as is and ran and are willing to pony up now to get the wheels. But while there is some logic to your position used equipment just doesn't move in the secondary market.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
;)
danlbrau said:
Honestly, I wish the best of luck to you but there aren't a lot of cars sitting around on lots. The one thing you have in your favor is the polished wheels are currently a limiting factor on building the cars as they just don't have enough of them, so maybe you'll end up OK. I was told my order was on hold because of the polished wheels option and I'd get it quicker if I deleted them, but I held out. Some may have just taken the car as is and ran and are willing to pony up now to get the wheels. But while there is some logic to your position used equipment just doesn't move in the secondary market.

I have been involved in motorsports for years and have sold a ton of stock parts for various vehicles so this has definitely not been my experience especially in a trackable car like the solstice. a person could keep their RSA's for all weather driving and run a set of track or ultra high performance tires on another set of wheels for better weather or track days. As you said there are probably people out there that deleted the polished wheels to get the car quicker buying mine nets you 2 sets of solstice wheels for not much more than the upgrade itself. I won't even get into the selling 1 at a time to replace scuffs or bent rims yet ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Psi-Fi said:
;)

I have been involved in motorsports for years and have sold a ton of stock parts for various vehicles so this has definitely not been my experience especially in a trackable car like the solstice. a person could keep their RSA's for all weather driving and run a set of track or ultra high performance tires on another set of wheels for better weather or track days. As you said there are probably people out there that deleted the polished wheels to get the car quicker buying mine nets you 2 sets of solstice wheels for not much more than the upgrade itself. I won't even get into the selling 1 at a time to replace scuffs or bent rims yet ;)
Being from California I didn't think about the summer tire/winter tire conrundrum, perhaps that will be your best bet.

For what it's worth, I bought a bunch of Honda Elements for company cars earlier this year and we swapped out the stock 16" wheels for a 17" aluminum setand low profile tires. I sold the original tires and wheels on eBay and got about $150 a set. Quite the deal for the buyer since most of those cars had zero miles on the tires.

Of course no one has ever considered a Honda Element a trackable car, so perhaps you will have better luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Polished Wheels Wanted

PSI-FI, I'm interested in your polished wheels. Have painted now. Do they include center cap? Please let me know. Thank you Lew.

Does anyone else want to sell their polished wheels? Please contact me at [email protected] Thank you

1 - 20 of 25 Posts