1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Mine has been sitting since 9-26.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
we've had several reports that cars have pretty much stopped leaving the plant in Delaware. (no Solstices spotted at Lordstown, the lot in Delaware almost full to capacity, empty car haulers sitting in Delaware, etc.)

unfortunately, I haven't seen anything on the forum regarding why this transportation hold is in effect. we have heard reports about some Sols leaking, and there were cars seen in the lot in Delaware covered in plastic, so there may have been a leak issue that requires re-inspection/repair. Or it could be a totally different problem, maybe with the transportation contractor(s).

Until we get a report that cars are moving out of Delaware, I think we may have seen our last spurt of deliveries for the forseeable future. :(

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Mine has been there since 9/23. Dealer has invoice saying it was to be here 10/17 no car. They told me it was still there because of "quality checks".

#1 of 1st allocation. Sly with cloth to be replaced with black and grey leather. there are so many around me in FL that have gotten their 1st and more--

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Deluke posted this today

What I was told the cars are coming off the line faster then they can water check them. (GOOD NEWS)

The cars in the lots are there for one of the following:

Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where in the world is....my solstice?

I just joined the forum today. I work 1.5 miles from THE assembly plant (Mecca). My car was ordered Aug. 1st, was invoiced Oct. 19, and marked "shipped." My dealership is 8 miles from the assembly plant. How many days does it take to travel 8 miles? 20 days and counting!
Here is what I learned Friday afternoon:
I tortured myself at lunchtime and drove over to the plant to see the SEA of brand new Soltices sitting on the lot behind the plant. I was hoping to see if any auto carriers were leaving the plant. Oddly enough, a carrier was there UNLOADING Soltices, and the driver was near the fence, so of course I engaged him in conversation, and this is what he said (paraphrased):
He was bringing cars BACK from the closed Baltimore GM plant, where they have engineers working on retro fits to fix the leaks. He's been taking cars down and bringing them back for weeks. He said NO CARS have been shipped from the plant in nearly month. He said his company has a contract to haul the cars, and they are losing money because the cars aren't being released for shipment. They keep "marking" them for shipment on the computers, but they are not leaving the plant.
He was told an hour before I showed up that the plant was finally releasing 77 cars Monday (yesterday), which is the first release in weeks.
I could post sad photographs of acres and acres of Solstices sitting at the plant back lot, waiting for love and attention from their anxious owners.
So no matter WHAT the dealers are being told by GM, no cars have left the plant in weeks. Don't know if 77 left Monday, but there's no reason to doubt the carrier's story. By the looks of today's forum postings, some cars made it to New England today (yeah for you!).
I have been slobbering over this car for nearly 3 years - saw it as a concept in an auto magazine way back, told my husband if my Volvo 240 DL wagon with 200+K lasted long enough, AND GM brought this car to market, I would buy one in a second! I was done with the "mom" car, kids were grown, and it was MY TURN to have fun. We had an MG Midget 30 years ago, and have been pining for a ragtop ever since.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum myturn. you could be our local resident spy :) All you have to do is drive by the plant daily and take pictures for all of us to drool over :willy:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
MyTurn, the only person with a First Post that could top yours was
VINNY #000001.
He joined the forum after receiving VIN 000001. I heard it was quite a ceremony when he received the keys.

But back to your post, that is a FANTASTIC post! Thanks for the information, there's a lot of people hungry for data, and you gave it! :grouphug: from all of us!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Shay Shay

Myturn said:
I work 1.5 miles from THE assembly plant (Mecca). My car was ordered Aug. 1st, was invoiced Oct. 19, and marked "shipped." My dealership is 8 miles from the assembly plant. How many days does it take to travel 8 miles? 20 days and counting!
Talk about torture! You can see your baby (or one that looks just like it) just on the other side of the fence but cannot have it. OHH the Agony. :( :willy:

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Thanks for the good update. If you see a white one with Sand interior and polished wheels, say "hi" for me. :grouphug: She should be sitting in the parking lot somewhere.

I wonder if I can change my user name to "Waldomobile"? Where's Waldo and his car? :skep:

I am anxious to hear about updated production numbers and shipping. It kind of feels like more folks are posting VINs and announcing deliveries lately. Do others agree with this observation?

Please keep us informed as you pass by mecca and Keep pumping the truckers for information. Inquiring minds what to know and GM sure isn't telling us.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Myturn said:
I just joined the forum today. I work 1.5 miles from THE assembly plant (Mecca). My car was ordered Aug. 1st, was invoiced Oct. 19, and marked "shipped." My dealership is 8 miles from the assembly plant. How many days does it take to travel 8 miles? 20 days and counting!
Here is what I learned Friday afternoon:
I tortured myself at lunchtime and drove over to the plant to see the SEA of brand new Soltices sitting on the lot behind the plant. I was hoping to see if any auto carriers were leaving the plant. Oddly enough, a carrier was there UNLOADING Soltices, and the driver was near the fence, so of course I engaged him in conversation, and this is what he said (paraphrased):
He was bringing cars BACK from the closed Baltimore GM plant, where they have engineers working on retro fits to fix the leaks. He's been taking cars down and bringing them back for weeks. He said NO CARS have been shipped from the plant in nearly month. He said his company has a contract to haul the cars, and they are losing money because the cars aren't being released for shipment. They keep "marking" them for shipment on the computers, but they are not leaving the plant.
He was told an hour before I showed up that the plant was finally releasing 77 cars Monday (yesterday), which is the first release in weeks.
I could post sad photographs of acres and acres of Solstices sitting at the plant back lot, waiting for love and attention from their anxious owners.
So no matter WHAT the dealers are being told by GM, no cars have left the plant in weeks. Don't know if 77 left Monday, but there's no reason to doubt the carrier's story. By the looks of today's forum postings, some cars made it to New England today (yeah for you!).
I have been slobbering over this car for nearly 3 years - saw it as a concept in an auto magazine way back, told my husband if my Volvo 240 DL wagon with 200+K lasted long enough, AND GM brought this car to market, I would buy one in a second! I was done with the "mom" car, kids were grown, and it was MY TURN to have fun. We had an MG Midget 30 years ago, and have been pining for a ragtop ever since.
Mine made it
1071 New England

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Mine made it
1071 New England

They have released cars for shipment because people have gotten cars in the last four weeks. But you did confirm what I was told about taking the cars to the Old Baltinore plant for repairs and water testing. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
994 Posts
And the wait continues... :yawn:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Same boat guys--VIN 1690 built 9/19.
Owner of dealership told my wife today that there was a few minor issues to be done and then it would ship. He said he thinks it will be here by Thanksgiving. :lol:

I think Christmas if I am lucky. Mine has to go by train ( better known as the slow boat from China delivery system) .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wife received call from our salesman last nite..dealership was unloading a Sly w/leather all options and "owner" turned her down, and since our Mysterious was still waiting to be shipped, wanted us to have 1st option. I called back this morning and declined (they are now calling others who are waiting)..and took opportunity to ask about the delay on shipping...don't know if he really knows what he is talking about..but has been fair from beginning...says they have had some QA problems but was told to expect rest of his allocation (3 including mine!) to be shipped within two weeks. Hoping this means I should have her by X-Mas!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ridgeback--Whomever gets there's first has to let the other take a good look at it.

I still have your cell and I hope that you have mine. PM me if you do not. I am hoping for Christmas also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts