Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Three q's here...

1) Somebody pulled in front of my 09 Solstice Coupe. It took the shop 6 months to find parts and fix it. I have it back but an engine code says it's running rich. Took it to a dealer (Lyall) and they don't work tunes. I have the factory tune upgrade for more HP. Does anybody know if the wreck or maybe having the battery (likely) disconnected for a long time could do this?

2) Does anybody know where ...I think there names were Devon and Dimitri...went from Elway Chevrolet on Broadway/Denver?

3) Does anybody know someone who can help? The service guy I called at Elway's and the parts guys seemed clueless.

·
Super Moderator
6,480 Posts
I would not think that the GMPP tune is what a dealer would call a tune. It is a GM option. If you told them that your car is tuned they may not understand. The bottom line is that if they go to TIS2WEB to re-flash your ECM, your tune will be there. It isn't like a Trifecta tune that they can't work with.

The wreck could have knocked something loose, either a hose or electrical connector. It could have also cracked something like the intercooler.

I would try that or another GM dealer again. Or an independent shop that is certified for GM Powertrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I did make it very clear that it was the GM upgrade...my fear is the latter as it could be 6 or 7 things from what I've been "googling"...

I am bringing it to Elway...and Lyall recommended an independent guy who does tunes ...dyno and all. Lyall won't flash it. Think Elway will...THANKS!!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
Part of the problem may be that the "tune" and the sensors were provided by GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts). GMPP was a part of the GM Performance Division. The GM Performance Division was a victim of the 2009/10 Bankruptcy. Many current GM dealers will have nothing to do with anything that disappeared after the bankruptcy, figuring that they have no fallback if something is not working the way it is supposed to.

I guess I don't blame them for not wanting to support something from a minimum of 10 years ago. Best to find and then rely on someone who knows what they are doing, and is willing to do it.

Of course, from the dealer perspective, they are there to sell you a new car, not to service a 10 to 14 year old car from a GM division which no longer exists.

:dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts