1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Nice. You will find it works great. I love mine!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you get that from? I've been considering using the factory unit myself. Did it come with the instructions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do wind blockers actually work? Is the behind the seat plastic blocker a better application than the one mounted at the trunk opening, the seal is tight, I would think it could wear and bind.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I still like the way that looks. Going that route. roadstar30, did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Do wind blockers actually work? Is the behind the seat plastic blocker a better application than the one mounted at the trunk opening, the seal is tight, I would think it could wear and bind.
Indeed they do, but you need the side windows up to be effective (most people overlook that fact.) They work by creating a "bubble" of air in the cabin. It doesn't eliminate all wind but does indeed drastically reduce it.

Most that have used the "version 1" from wind restrictor indicate they prefer "V2" for some of the exact reasons you mention.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still like the way that looks. Going that route. roadstar30, did you do the install yourself?
Yes I did
I used the pattern supplied ended using the closes holes to the passenger compartment the big hole came dam close to the bar but it did clear and works
Fine!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you get that from? I've been considering using the factory unit myself. Did it come with the instructions?
Got mine off eBay and yes it come with instructions
Seems like the factory put a support bar in that area in little different spots while in producion so measuring is extremely important

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I measured and need the gen 2 version (19212066). They don't even sell the gen 1 anymore. You have to find it in the wild somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've got one of the acrylic ones on my car it's ok and was inexpensive under a 100 bucks but I like the way the factory one looks more finished and one day will replace mine with one of those types .

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Indeed they do, but you need the side windows up to be effective (most people overlook that fact.) They work by creating a "bubble" of air in the cabin. It doesn't eliminate all wind but does indeed drastically reduce it.

Most that have used the "version 1" from wind restrictor indicate they prefer "V2" for some of the exact reasons you mention.
Thanks for the kind words Chickenwire.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
That will be an effective test. The WR2 uses velcro with high bond tape and mine hasn't budged a bit in 2.5 years.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
That will be an effective test. The WR2 uses velcro with high bond tape and mine hasn't budged a bit in 2.5 years.
People don't realize there's a safety issue. That's why we go so hard with the high bond. We do't want them flying off the back. Not everyone has that worry unfortunately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts