Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've had someone stick a Toyota turbo into a Solstice, and be very fast indeed.

Here's another way to get a really fast Solstice, and all you'd need would be some body panels and some body skill - stick them on the chassis and away you go. The wheelbases are within an inch and the angle of the windshield looks close.....

Snake Without Skin: Bodyless 2003 Dodge Viper | Bring a Trailer

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL

You do bring some interesting things to us. :thumbs:
Just the thought of pulling up to a Viper club show in a Solstice bodied Viper makes me smile.....:devil:

I once showed up at a Chrysler show with my old 1965 Jensen, and they wondered what the heck was going on until I popped the bonnet and they saw the big block with sixpack. I doubt the rebodied Viper would get quite as generous a reception, though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Back in 07 when I got my Solstice, and lived a mile from the Chrysler headquarters in Michigan, I was stopped at red light. Lots of Vipers in the area. A Viper pulled next to me and a fellow yelled out "nice car". The Viper driver responded with a thanks. The man at the curb yelled back "not you, the fast one next to you". I responded with a permagrin and and a big Thank You. Mr. Viper was not happy.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Just the thought of pulling up to a Viper club show in a Solstice bodied Viper makes me smile.....:devil:

I once showed up at a Chrysler show with my old 1965 Jensen, and they wondered what the heck was going on until I popped the bonnet and they saw the big block with sixpack. I doubt the rebodied Viper would get quite as generous a reception, though.
Sometimes you crack me up! I like your thinking! :thumbs:

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
We had one of those engines here for another project and it was amazing how big the V10 is, especially compared to an LS3 sitting next to it. I bet you could make it fit, but it would definitely be a lot more work than the LS engines. Now I wish I would have taken a pic of the 2 next to each other, the LS looked like a little baby engine ;)

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
if it were me, I'l slap a windshield and a license plate on it and call it a done deal. great summer fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts