Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I can get the part numbers for a couple of different types of plastic fastners used on the Solstice? Tried looking at a couple of parts sites on line, but they dont show the fastners in their exploded parts diagrams - Also is there anywhere recommended to order them or should i just go through my local GM dealer?Thanks.:willy:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Which plastic fasteners in particular?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you have one to match, go to an automotive paint supplier. They generally most body fasteners. Don't know enough about Nova Scotia to know paint supplier availability.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Fasten it.

I have great results and good pricing from these folks ...3W.thefastenerwarehouse.company

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies folks. Ihave taken some pictures of teh ones i need, but they are not the best. I will post here anyways and also describe those that i need:

1) Fastners that hold the headlight wires to the inside of the hood. They press fit into the hood and are wrapped in black electrically tape around the headlight wires. They are white in color.
2) The fasteners that hold the sparkplug wires to the topd of the vavle cover. They basically look liek tie wraps with a little extendion with a spike that press fit into the machined holes in the top of the valve cover
3) Next one is a bit harder to describe - if you are standing on the passenger side of the hood and look back towards the fire wall ( not battery wiriing harness , but more towards themiddle of the car) you will see two wiring harness that have blue plastic attachments on them, i need the fastener that hold the one to theilverpart of the frame (see attached picture).

One again thanks for the help.

Pontiac Solstice Forum - woody715's Album: My Pics - Picture

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/members/woody715-albums-my-pics-picture419-2012-0731picsnew0042.html

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Ahh, so you're talking about wiring harness clips. I don't believe GM sells them separately... only the whole harness(es).

You might try your local dealer, they have drawers of odd items like this and may well be able to get what you need.

Otherwise try Dorman as jeff said - they make the "Help" brand of odd blister-pack items that you see in the auotparts stores. They'll may have something close enough to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts