309 Posts
I use the service manual.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the service manual.
Great

I would as well but I dont always have my SM handy when I want to read a code.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Ummm...it only goes up to P1900.... What about code P2237 like I had?

·
Registered
163 Posts
This may not be the correct thread to post this, but I'm getting an airbag error message which the dealer tells me indicates a bad present airbag module. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement that won't break me?

My Solstice in an '06 with just over 21,000 miles on the odometer. Never been hit, always pampered. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This may not be the correct thread to post this, but I'm getting an airbag error message which the dealer tells me indicates a bad present airbag module. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement that won't break me?

My Solstice in an '06 with just over 21,000 miles on the odometer. Never been hit, always pampered. Any help will be appreciated.
There are several threads on this problem. Unfortunately there is no easy or low cost way to get this fixed. The sensor is on the order of $350 plus install

·
Registered
413 Posts
That seems way high to me though the average of 700 or so seems steep to me as well. Join myself and others in reporting this to the NTSB to get an action for a recall. Ill try to look up the thread on this an post it for you.

Edit here it is
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69046

Edit2 copying some of Tom Shadows post here:

National Highway and Traffic Administration. The 'how to' follows:

Before starting you MUST have your VIN # handy.

Go to the following website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Click on "Begin Online Form" in the 'Vehicle Complaint' box.

In Box 1, enter your VIN number and pick your car from the drop-down list.

In Box 2, enter the date when you first noticed the problem, mileage, and speed (if any) In the 'Affected Part' box, enter "AIR BAGS"

Below that there is a box to describe the problem. Following is what I wrote; feel free to use any or all of it as it pertains to your circumstance.

The air bag sensor in my vehicle failed shortly (2 mos) after its 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty expired. Any passenger in the car faces added risk if an accident were to occur. It is my understanding that the owner's cost to fix this item is prohibitive ($500 - $800), and that the early failure of this part is somewhat common for this vehicle.

After this, drop down to enter contact info, then click on 'Verify Your Entries'. This will verify that the form was filled out correctly. If not you can make changes.

If everything is OK, click on 'Submit Complaint'.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts