Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Upon seeing all the colors in real life for the first time I can honestly say, you will NOT be disappointed at any of them, Black is very classy...The blue and green are VERY sharp. My guest thought the Silver was the best color..every color except for maybe the Red (Italked to one designer who said no one on his team liked it either, msrketing insisted)...looked great!! Hey, GM put some Blue hues in that RED... you'll knock em dead!! And I want to see YELLOW next year!! The feel of sitting in the car is fabulous...I'm 5ft 8in. and fit perfectly...it's a roadster, to be sure...yes you sit a litle low, but again, its a roadster... The acceleration seemed a little hesitant at first but kicks in quickly..road test was a bit of a dissapointment, only went "around the block"...no real opportunity to REALLY drive it...I feel bad for the guys who drove a long way to get a 2 minute test drive!! As for the exhaust...I felt it was too "smooth" sounding and quiet...can somebody say Catbacks?? honestly if I was not buying a "first 1000", I would wait for the turbo, and let them work on the ragtop a little longer!!

But make NO mistake this car turns heads...bigtime!! You'll never have to ride alone!! :lol: :lol:

I know it's a duplicate post but I have posted some pics. and not sure i did it right>>>

Upload Video and Images - Putfile

Attachments

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The putfile link doesn't work, it only leads to the putfile front page where you would post something. I don't think you've got it right. sorry :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the update SOL....I had a tough time picking the color....started with deep, changed to cool, then was going to change to mysterious (only to find out the order had been picked up). I guess in hindsight hearing you only got a 2 minute ride that I'm glad I didn't spend the $600 or so to come out there. Did they give you any nice tokens of appreciation? ie., leather Solstice jacket?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
drive-by

I did a drive-by at ~2:00pm (I was downtown on other business).

There shouldn't be any shortage of pictures - just about every person I saw had a camera or camcorder! All those Solstices lined up behind the RenCen were awesome :thumbs:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SOL MIO said:
Got a goody bag, another Solstice hat that says "Aug. 5th, 2005"., another CD w/ the Apprentice designed brochure, a light pen, and last but not least...my 1/18 scale model... :yesnod:

Let's try this...
I'm jealous, but I'd trade it all for the actual car!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Great Shots.....DAMN GM>>>>>come on...take care with them but lets get the line rolling!!!!!!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Sorry you don't like my "Aggressive". I've had two Pontiacs in that exact color and I loved them. Unless GM has messed up the paint since 2000 then I've got no grief. Glad you are all having a great time.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sol Mio
honestly if I was not buying a "first 1000", I would wait for the turbo, and let them work on the ragtop a little longer!!
I could help you out with this. I would be glad to take your first 1000 off your hands and that way you could wait for the turbo. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm really going to like my Deep Sol!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
When I get a gallery section made I'll upload the images into the gallery.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Blue and Green are VERY sharp in person.

Oh, and Bob Lutz made a point to categorically deny being Solsticeman! :lol:

Flagg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gah wish work wouldn't block putfile. :(

I'm glad to hear the Deep is looking good, thats what I ordered. Most of the pictures of it in blue have been so dark I was really getting worried and considering switching to red. Hopefully I will see myself when Brentil creates the gallery.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Flagg said:
Blue and Green are VERY sharp in person.

Flagg
are you serioius? ( btw this makes 300)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Flagg said:
Flagg
Too funny...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Detroit Report 8/5/05

Ok guys I'm back.. what a great time. Got to meet Lori, John, Bob, and the marketing director. The guy that gave me the test drive was an engineer that does a lot of traveling to the plant.

I asked him how many production models they had built and his comments were "after a while they are all a blur" He's even trying to talk his wife in to letting him buy one.

We were all on the ground floor of the wintergarden in Rennaisance Center (sorry for spelling). There are two balconies that surround the open space and they were filled with a lot of GM employees.

As reported the couple that got car #1 was from Meridian, Idaho with Mysterious. They found out about a week ago and had the option of driving the car home or having it shipped to them. (Yes, they had to pay for the car).

It was covered before the presentation with a car cover. I'd bet GM will throw that in for them though.

I did take the Owner's manual I purchased from Helm and have Bob and Lori's autograph on the cover THANK YOU!!! With more signatures inside including John's, as well as the Pontiac chief engineer, the Pontiac marketing director, and of COURSE my guide when I drove around the route GM had picked. Oh yes. and I even have the signatures of the proud owners of vehicle #1. I forgot my digital camera so we stopped on the way and I bought a disposeable. I"ll post photos as soon as I can. I even took a shot of the VIN plate for #1.

As to the drive, not much you could do. I will tell you I got a solid chirp on the power shift from first to second. I'm 6-2 and I fit well. The shift is in the just right position and has a very short throw. My legs felt a bit cramped from side to side but once i was in I was fine. It appears there is only one 12 volt outlet, so if you want to hide your I-pod you'll have to do your own wiring.

All in all a FANTASTIC day!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great!

I'm glad you had a good time and hope you received the answers to everyone's questions..... :)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts