Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up yall!

So, this past Sunday (yesterday) I decided to take my girl friend for a ride in the new sol. We drove up to ft. lauderdale and spent a great afternoon driving around, with the breeze in our hair...yatta yatta...

so, during the course of our ride we decided to cruise down a1a-by the beach. Traffic as ussual, so it was a slow drive by. I was in the left lane and right next to me was a beautiful ferrari spider, trple balck top down, the works. BTW my sol is triple black too. Anywho i obviously admired the car and told my girl, "hey that's a pretty sweat car, and even though the ferrari could eat me for breakfast in just about anything (racing engineering, etc) I bet we'll get more stares just cuase the sol looks hot and not many people have seen it before." my girl gigled, and right at that moment some guy crosses in fornt of my sol and stands right next to the ferrari and I, and tells me, "hey, man that's a sweet ride, i have'nt seen one of those yet, it's great looking" I obviuosly thanked him for the complements, and the guy in the ferrari sort of stared as we continued through traffic. As I was in my bliss, my girl friend was in awe because as traffic moved on the ferrari slowed down to let me pass as in her words, "we were stealing his thunder". It was great I tell you, absolutly fantastic, so many other complements continued throught our drive, felt like a million bucks or 25K . :lol:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
There are no Ferraris at Ft Stewart ;) , but my buddy (who drives a Cobra replica) sure wants a Sol.:thumbs:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,592 Posts
Yesterday afternoon my wife and I pulled the Sol into an overlook above Lake Michigan as I wanted to get a couple of pictures. After taking the pictures, a group of people came over and the questions started.

While this was going on, a top-down Boxster pulled in, circled the lot, I saw the driver shake his head, and then pull out. (Obviously his car wasn't going to get the attention he thought it would.)

:)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Great stories ! We had ours out for a 3 hour drive yesterday, I was getting stares from a guy and his girl in their Viper. Every where you went all you saw was heads turning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Same thing happened to me last weekend in Carmel. Guy in a Ferrari stopped in front of me in the middle of the intersection to tell me how good my car looked. Heads were turning the whole way up and down Ocean Ave.

Steak :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Modena Envious

Same story in DC. Driving my Envious top down on the beltway in VA on Saturday, I notice a yellow car passing on my left. But it then slows and drives along side for a while before accelerating. 360 Modena just had to have a better look! Kinda feel sorry for those guys having spent sooo much for their rides.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,592 Posts
Nsx

The first day I had mine, the dealer put a dealer plate on it, and let me have it for the day before we could settle up and take care of all the paperwork. Later in the afternoon, the dealership called and let me know the paperwork was ready and could I come over.

As I was going around a turn, an Acura NSX was going around the turn in the opposite direction. He did a u-turn and followed me another 6 miles back to the dealership. By the time my paperwork was completed, my dealer had another order.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
65MGB said:
Same story in DC. Driving my Envious top down on the beltway in VA on Saturday, I notice a yellow car passing on my left. But it then slows and drives along side for a while before accelerating. 360 Modena just had to have a better look! Kinda feel sorry for those guys having spent sooo much for their rides.
Dude, you must be hiding ... or just traveling the area in places that I don't! I travel the top half of the Beltway in Maryland, on my way to Tyson's Corner to work. See ya around sometime!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Well, I was driving my imaginary Solstice and...
I hate you all! :lol:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Dammit, Now i have to compete with forum people for a sol and exotic car owners!

Put them in the garage and kill all the hoopla 'til I get mine! :willy:

·
Registered
854 Posts
65MGB said:

Don't feel sorry for them, something tells me if you can afford a Ferrari its price doesn't mean anything :cool: Kinda like "if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it"

I think lots of exotic car owners prolly see the two humps and immediatley think OMG its a Porsche Carrera GT so they go ape :brentil:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
TOY4TWO said:
Don't feel sorry for them, something tells me if you can afford a Ferrari its price doesn't mean anything :cool: Kinda like "if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it"

I think lots of exotic car owners prolly see the two humps and immediatley think OMG its a Porsche Carrera GT so they go ape :brentil:
I don't know. I think the F50 looks more like the Solstice

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28922022891.jpg&s=x10

Then the Carrera GT

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28922064867.jpg&s=x10

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
That Carrera GT is a good looking car.

...but I just hope I get my Solstice in time to turn a few heads before they become common.

Just the other day, I got behind a Lotus Esprit, and I followed it around. hehe... i felt like someone seeing a Solstice for the first time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.