Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking how cool it would be if someone *hinthint Norm* made a mold of the Solstice dashboard and make a fiberglass copy of them in body colors.. Just to avoid the issue of novices like myself trying to polish clearcoat with a dremel and eating through the paint. I've since corrected the issue but if it was professionally done to begin with, I'd be a happy man.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
If you want a painted dash, just have yours painted. I bought a second dash and my painter sanded, primed and painted it gloss black. It looks like fiberglass or metal. Has held up very well for three years. Besides, Norm is hopefully working on the carbon fiber fender caps first!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree with Rob. Take it to your local body shop and have it painted. It is easy to remove and re-install. There are removal instructions on this forum which are detailed with pictures. If I can do it anyone can.

Cheers, Don

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did paint mine, it is painted red w/ clear coat. Did it in my backyard, came out decent but you can only get so much out of a rattle can job. I would like to buy a spare but I can never seem to find any of the boomerangs for sale anywhere. That way I can have one professionally painted and the other on standby just in case!

But who knows, we could get custom designs and that kinda thing ;) lol

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
General : If you're looking for a dash panel Stricker Auto Parts in Batavia Ohio has 3 listed I've dealt with them and they usually have a good selection of Solstice parts and their prices are reasonable 800 582 5405

1 - 6 of 6 Posts