Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting... and waiting... and waiting... I finally got to take one for a spin. Black with almost everything. All I can say is, "Wow". It really helps take away some of the pain being able to take one for a little drive. If anyone is from the Oshawa area, swing by Gus Brown and take it for a ride. They'll have it available for test drives for another 5 weeks. They apparently already sold 10 2007 models from people test driving the car. Ask for Daryl if you do drop by. He's been really good to me and didn't even sit with me while I took the car out. He even offered me to bring the girl down sometime and take it out with her as well.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
CndnSol said:
After months of waiting... and waiting... and waiting... I finally got to take one for a spin. Black with almost everything. All I can say is, "Wow". It really helps take away some of the pain being able to take one for a little drive. If anyone is from the Oshawa area, swing by Gus Brown and take it for a ride. They'll have it available for test drives for another 5 weeks. They apparently already sold 10 2007 models from people test driving the car. Ask for Daryl if you do drop by. He's been really good to me and didn't even sit with me while I took the car out. He even offered me to bring the girl down sometime and take it out with her as well.
If you wanted a test drive all you had to do was ask! I would have let you take mine for a spin!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SlipSlider said:
If you wanted a test drive all you had to do was ask! I would have let you take mine for a spin!
But atleast I won't feel bad if I burn a little rubber! :devil:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
SlipSlider a.k.a. Jeff is a good guy. He asked if I wanted to take it out, but I said no because I didnt want to ruin anything! Thanks for the offer though!

I live 5 mins from Gus Brown. Im suprised that he got so many allocated to him!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
dylan01 said:
SlipSlider a.k.a. Jeff is a good guy. He asked if I wanted to take it out, but I said no because I didnt want to ruin anything! Thanks for the offer though!

I live 5 mins from Gus Brown. Im suprised that he got so many allocated to him!
Hey thanks man. I was just glad you fit in it! Damn you're a tall SOB :cool:

CndnSol, nice avatar. I've got 2 more for you! By the way, what did you think of the power? Did you get on it or what?

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gus Brown got a lot of Solstices because they were the highest volume sales dealership in Ontario. They got a total of 12.

Hey Slip,

I got a chance to punch it along Consumers road and boy was it fun. I noticed in lower rpms it does seem a little sluggish. However, once I got up in the rpms it was a blast. The engine has a nice low growl as well. Compared to my little Accent it was like night and day. I found the clutch much longer then my car and it'll take a little getting used to. Ride was comfortable and seats fit me quite well. I'm 6'0" and 185 lbs and it wasn't a problem for me inside. Still very roomy but it was hard to see the blind spots with the top up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
CndnSol said:
Gus Brown got a lot of Solstices because they were the highest volume sales dealership in Ontario. They got a total of 12.

Hey Slip,

I got a chance to punch it along Consumers road and boy was it fun. I noticed in lower rpms it does seem a little sluggish. However, once I got up in the rpms it was a blast. The engine has a nice low growl as well. Compared to my little Accent it was like night and day. I found the clutch much longer then my car and it'll take a little getting used to. Ride was comfortable and seats fit me quite well. I'm 6'0" and 185 lbs and it wasn't a problem for me inside. Still very roomy but it was hard to see the blind spots with the top up.
The blind spots are easy to get over once you realize that the car doesn't extend much behind you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We have three convertables and blind spots are huge in them all. Trick if you travel fast enough you don't have to worry about what is behind you. :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have restrained myself from test driving Solstice just thought it might increase stress levels waiting. But Saturday may take you up on that offer to try out car Slipslider.

Is SlipSlider a short form for ....slip her into grear and slider around the corners?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
xyz1 said:
I have restrained myself from test driving Solstice just thought it might increase stress levels waiting. But Saturday may take you up on that offer to try out car Slipslider.

Is SlipSlider a short form for ....slip her into grear and slider around the corners?
You know I never thought about it. It just sounded good. :lol:

You can take my car, and if DEEP isn't your flavour then there will be other cars there as well! I'm glad you're coming, I can't wait to meet everyone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanx my car is deep black leather interior so your is hard to resist

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts