Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer finally called and told me that my Solstice arrived. The one that I ordered during the first 1000 publicity stunt, the same one that I was told over two months ago that it was listed as "in transport".

Unfortunately, I gave up on it, and bought a Mazda 3. I know, I know, I don't want to hear anything about me giving up hope, or selling out to Mazda, or even any of the, "But it's just a Mazda 3" crap, either.

I even had someone else lined up to buy it after I decided not to go through with it, but it even took too long for him to buy it, too. I got the free poster, and the free hat, but 8 months to get the car? Too long, too many "what if" thoughts to go through my head. Pontica and GM missed the boat with me. I'll still ogle over one everytime I see one, if I ever see another one, only 2 total, and I live in largest city in the South with over 1 million cars passed everyday.

The 3 is a really nice car, inexpensive to buy, insure, maintain, fuel up, and it's a blast to drive, plus I actually can get a full set of golf clubs in it, plus 3 of my friends. Not much slower than the Solstice, don't have to worry about the roof rotting away, etc...

Anyone want to buy one? It's deep, with two tone interior, and all of the options except XM and ABS. Let me know if any one's interested in finding out more.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If my car doesn't show by December 22nd (the day after my last exam) I will be buying an '06 GTO, come summer time I'll be wishing I had a convertible, but at least I'll have a new car before my current car gives out.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
No beef about the Mazda3. That's an awesome car. :thumbs: If they offered a coupe version, I'd be right there with you (assuming it looked MX-6ish and not RX-8ish). Good luck selling your Solstice. You might want to post the VIN # and a picture.

·
5,600 Posts
More power to you, as long as you don't have any regrets, second thoughts or buyers remorse with the Mazda. I respect your decision.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My friend would take that car if it is available.
PM me with the information if you don't mind and I will let him know
today.
DEEP # 240

·
Registered
54 Posts
Adrenaline said:
If my car doesn't show by December 22nd (the day after my last exam) I will be buying an '06 GTO, come summer time I'll be wishing I had a convertible, but at least I'll have a new car before my current car gives out.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T MEAN IT!!!! :cuss:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Led Zep said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T MEAN IT!!!! :cuss:
Hopefully it will come soon, I'd hate to think I wasted the last 7-8 months for nothing.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
skyhigh said:
My dealer finally called and told me that my Solstice arrived. The one that I ordered during the first 1000 publicity stunt, the same one that I was told over two months ago that it was listed as "in transport".

Unfortunately, I gave up on it, and bought a Mazda 3. I know, I know, I don't want to hear anything about me giving up hope, or selling out to Mazda, or even any of the, "But it's just a Mazda 3" crap, either.

I even had someone else lined up to buy it after I decided not to go through with it, but it even took too long for him to buy it, too. I got the free poster, and the free hat, but 8 months to get the car? Too long, too many "what if" thoughts to go through my head. Pontica and GM missed the boat with me. I'll still ogle over one everytime I see one, if I ever see another one, only 2 total, and I live in largest city in the South with over 1 million cars passed everyday.

The 3 is a really nice car, inexpensive to buy, insure, maintain, fuel up, and it's a blast to drive, plus I actually can get a full set of golf clubs in it, plus 3 of my friends. Not much slower than the Solstice, don't have to worry about the roof rotting away, etc...

Anyone want to buy one? It's deep, with two tone interior, and all of the options except XM and ABS. Let me know if any one's interested in finding out more.
I have been waiting eight months, finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel got my vin today I know it will worth it BLACK TWO TONE EVERTHING BUT ONSTAR :devil:

·
2,574 Posts
dave clancy said:
I have been waiting eight months, finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel got my vin today I know it will worth it BLACK TWO TONE EVERTHING BUT ONSTAR :devil:
Good News, CONGRATS! Clancy... Believe it or not the wait now gets even worse, sorry to be the one to point that out. :lol:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I am down to the last few days and am going crazy. it is at the train station here in town yet to be off loaded and then to the dealer--Should have it Tuesdday o Wednesday----I am going nuts---so close yet so far---

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
LUVnSOL said:
I am down to the last few days and am going crazy. it is at the train station here in town yet to be off loaded and then to the dealer--Should have it Tuesdday o Wednesday----I am going nuts---so close yet so far---
hope to be in your shoes soon :cool:

·
Registered
819 Posts
LUVnSOL said:
LUVnSOL,

Where you from? My car is at the rail yard (Chicago Heights) waiting for a truck to bring it home. They said they would have my car loaded within 72 hours.

We both should have them by the weekend. :grouphug: :cool: :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
too long

Yeah, I waited for 6 months to get the call saying that it was in transit, and then two more while it was "in transit" whatever that means.

I love the Mazda 3, it holds curves like a roller coaster. Plus, I can actually get my kids in the car!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Life after Solstice

:agree: With the too long sentiment. Seemed like a good idea back in April. But we have already had our first snowfall.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the sedan, I liked the hatchback, but I think I like the sedan even better.

I would have loved the solstice, but it's too impractical, and I would have to use it as my daily driver, and I think it's a shame to put 25,000 miles a year on a car that nice. Although you can drive a car like that year around here in Atlanta.

I may still buy it, and keep it a month or so, but I would have to sell it, so who knows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts