Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Will do. My wife is handling orders now. I let her know you were interested.

For others who might want to order you can email [email protected]

I of course will still be on here also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I have received a few people asking how to replace this part. So I figured I would just post a quick video showing the steps.

https://youtu.be/YAyV7TRZIpU

Those that posted this in other groups/forums, feel free to link to this video as well or if you want you could also send me a link and I will post it there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Several people in the Facebook group asked for the bottom piece also.

There isn't much room in there so I wasn't able to make any design improvements. It is a stock replacement. I literally made it as thick as possible. It does drag a slight bit more on the arm than stock but only slightly. I really didn't want to make it any thinner though. This cup holder is a really poor design from the factory..... To many really thin plastic parts. I honestly don't see a method to make it any tougher short of machining all of these pieces which would cost a fortune. So the next best thing is to offer cheap replacements for when they break.

As you can see in the images this one was a bear to get exactly right. Nothing on this thing is square. 11th time the charm I guess....Hopefully some of you guys need this piece too.

This one uses less plastic so I can make it cheaper than the replacement arms, but shipping will still be about the same probably.
How about $10 Domestic $13 Canada. I will cut deals for multiples or for people that order the arm as well since I save shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I have access to a powdered metal machine and I could make one for myself but couldnt offer any to others. They are very strict in that.

I have not tried these on the metal machine yet, but I did print some for me is Nylon and PC. The Nylon one was too flexable for my liking the PC one looked to be the best but it warped a bit on me. I think I could get it dialed in though. I am just not super familier with that machine.

I did not post this on thingaverse yet. While I am not really trying to make much on this I do like that it covers my filiment and failed attempts (there were lots) and I found the arm I posted for sale publicly by 3 others already. Not a big deal but kinda soured my opinion of Thingaverse.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
OK
well can you send me the file? I am not competing with you but we have a few people in our local club who can use the help and are not forum members.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Sorry for the delay. I was at work when I read this and then forgot to send it. It is heading your way now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So uh. How about the bottom piece? I would be interested in getting one of those as well! how much for both parts shipped? Is that the bottom swing out piece? is that what you are making? thats the piece i need. the bottom swingout piece, and the side swingout piece.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I don't make the bottom piece that the bottom of the cup would sit on. There wasn't a good way to print that piece. I sell the circular arm that swings out and the bottom piece that keeps it from falling out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
On a side note I am getting hit up on Facebook to design a seatbelt retainer to keep it out of the door. I may try to design something for that this weekend.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Not trying to high jack this thread. Just throwing it out there. I got this idea from a fellow forum member. Go to your upholstery shop and have him cut a black 6 inch leather strap 3/4 inch wide. Fold strap about 1/2 -3/4 inch over on each end then sew together and put a snap button at top of strap. Then install the snap post about 4 inches above the seat tilt latch and then a solid post to hold the bottom of the strap 4 inches down from snap button just above the latch. Sorry, not very good at explaining the procedure but pictures explain a lot. It works for me and looks almost OEM. Also makes it so much easier to grab seatbelt once your in your seat with the door closed.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
On a side note I am getting hit up on Facebook to design a seatbelt retainer to keep it out of the door. I may try to design something for that this weekend.
Here is an idea for a design.

And, we have one from the past. Can't seem to find them in the auto stores. Must be too far back in time. My wife likes hers, but we could use three more (two Kappas). (when it takes off, you will need a warehouse for a production facility, I applied for a patent, LOL)

Simple device, .... no batteries, no tools to install, might ship for a little more than regular postage, if instructions are needed, ask them to send it back.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Received and installed the cup holder piece yesterday. Thanks for making these available.
I was able to use my cup holder for the first time since I bought my car

61 - 80 of 101 Posts