Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Cool glad to hear it!
So far I have just had 1 person say it didnt work for them. They said it falls out. I asked for a pic but havnt got it yet. I am thinking something else must be broken.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I am starting to question selling these on ebay.... Selling a few to you guys was pain free but some of the people on ebay are tough to deal with. Like someone complaining that it wasnt the complete assembly...... It clearly says Arm Only and it costs $15..... Come on man....

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Here is an idea for a design.

And, we have one from the past. Can't seem to find them in the auto stores. Must be too far back in time. My wife likes hers, but we could use three more (two Kappas). (when it takes off, you will need a warehouse for a production facility, I applied for a patent, LOL)

Simple device, .... no batteries, no tools to install, might ship for a little more than regular postage, if instructions are needed, ask them to send it back.
This item is on Thingverse so anyone can print it

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I am starting to question selling these on ebay.... Selling a few to you guys was pain free but some of the people on ebay are tough to deal with. Like someone complaining that it wasnt the complete assembly...... It clearly says Arm Only and it costs $15..... Come on man....
I've never sold anything on E-bay, but always am amazed at "feedback" on sites like Amazon or Newegg. "I gave this one star because it arrived damaged. The box was all beat up!"

Um, dude? You need to be on UPS' website and bitching there. This seller had NOTHING to do with beating up your box in shipping!

·
Registered
6,806 Posts

And, we have one from the past. Can't seem to find them in the auto stores. Must be too far back in time. My wife likes hers, but we could use three more (two Kappas). (when it takes off, you will need a warehouse for a production facility, I applied for a patent, LOL)

Simple device, .... no batteries, no tools to install, might ship for a little more than regular postage, if instructions are needed, ask them to send it back.
Plenty of these around - Google "seat belt retainer clip" - here's a couple:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seat-Belt-Lock-Clip-Pack-of-2-Instant-Comfort/413319787

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-74325-Seatbelt-Retainer/dp/B000CO96RW

·
Registered
419 Posts
Plenty of these around - Google "seat belt retainer clip" - here's a couple:
Thanks, TS. I went to O'Reily's with the one device I have, and as I recall they didn't even know what it was. Maybe I just had the wrong clerk. I'll stop at Wal-Mart and get three. Thx.
:smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
This is the whole reason that I wanted to fix my cup holder.

I needed a cell phone holder and that seemed like the least destructive place to put it.
I put a big magnet behind the dash and a steel piece on the back of my phone case. Just pops right in place. I left it there during an autocross - completely forgot it was there - and it didn't move.

Total cost: about $10.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Sorry for the delayed responses to messages. I was out of town and then sick for awhile. I am back now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have received a few people asking how to replace this part. So I figured I would just post a quick video showing the steps.

https://youtu.be/YAyV7TRZIpU

Those that posted this in other groups/forums, feel free to link to this video as well or if you want you could also send me a link and I will post it there.
Didn't know there was a video on it. Just installed mine and all I had to do was put the pins in and give it a little twist to get it into the tracks. It fits great but i can see why you put a little lube on there. Thanks for these.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Interested in a couple cup holders. If possible send me the address and cost and I will put money in mail asap.
Mine is a 2006 base model. Hopefully with the increased technology some will make tuli panels.
Thanks
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Argh! Thingiverse is showing a 404 page for the cupholder link. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts

This item is on Thingverse so anyone can print it
Hello Rob. Are you still able to print these? What about the part that the replacement arm goes into? Any luck printing those? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Argh! Thingiverse is showing a 404 page for the cupholder link. :(
When he started selling papers, he removed the files

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Here is a little trick I used with my Santana cup holder. It seems that in the solstice, the Santana doesn't hold a large cup very well due to the straight vertical surface it is mounted in. I built a standoff of 1/4" black ABS that makes the large cups fit much better. Pics are pretty much self explanatory.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
a cup holder that works!

replaced my cup holder with the Santana holder after constantly tinkering with the OEM holder to keep it working. The Santana is a big improvement but needed some tweaking in order to hold a large cup as well as a can or small cup. I took out the center portion that rotates down to hold the bottom of the cup and made a new one with a piece of 1/4" aluminum sheet. now the small cans as well as large cups stand upright as they should. A little fancy work with a dremel tool on the back of the new piece enabled it to rotate upward as easily as the original.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
I installed the Santana cup holder today. After I figured out that it needs to be mounted to the rear of the slot to clear the mechanism when it opens.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts