Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the vehicle history of all of the warranty work done on my car. I’m very impressed. Hardly anything at all. It does look like the first owner was chasing several “squeaks” as the front shocks were replaced twice and so were the sway bars and links in 2000 miles. And a lot of trim work. Things like latches etc. The top latch was replaced 3 separate times, about 3k apart. What I do find interesting is that from what I can tell, the second owner had no warranty work done at all. There were no warranty RO’s written during his possession time. So my guess would be he was a tech at a dealership. Or he just didn’t care.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
So I got the vehicle history of all of the warranty work done on my car. I’m very impressed. Hardly anything at all. It does look like the first owner was chasing several “squeaks” as the front shocks were replaced twice and so were the sway bars and links in 2000 miles. And a lot of trim work. Things like latches etc. The top latch was replaced 3 separate times, about 3k apart. What I do find interesting is that from what I can tell, the second owner had no warranty work done at all. There were no warranty RO’s written during his possession time. So my guess would be he was a tech at a dealership. Or he just didn’t care.
The front end squeek is probably the normal bushing issue in cold weather. When they were swapping parts they probably did not know that lubing the bushing was the fix.

The latch replacement was probably due to improper stowing of the top in the trunk and bending the latch hook. Everyone does it once, but this guy apparently did it twice or more?

Check the mileage that the second owner put on the car and see if any dealer maintenance was called for.

If you are looking for more info, contact the dealer of record and see if they remember the previous owner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts