Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of waiting I going to get a Solstice however I need advice. The car I'm thinking of getting is a 2007 with 84,000 miles. I think I can get this car for 10500 and I've looked at the Carfax but I wondering if that is way too many miles.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not even close IMO I got mine an 06 with 35k and I'm at 60k now this thing loves miles!! And it's only gonna be a year since I got it on the 22nd

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Ehh - it's a little "up there" but not huge. Bought our 07 2.4l N/A in March with 56k on it - got it for $13k. Interior nearly spotless, exterior in pretty good shape, engine bay and trunk very clean.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought mine in December with 41k miles for $11000, if it were me I would hold your money and buy it in winter on a day when it is raining or snowing, convertible to not sell well then. When I used to buy cars for Enterprise that is what we always did then we rented them and sold them in Sept with more miles and more money than we paid for them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are plenty of great deals out there. I would find a lower mileage car. I bought one 2 years ago. 13,500 for an 06 with 10,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Auto Trader.com and Craig's List are your friends. I think I'm going to be the owner of a 2008 Sky Redline this Saturday.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think its high miles, there are plenty for sale with less miles but of course $$ will go up as well. I'd keep searching....

FYI...I bought mine in March 2012, had 8,700 miles and paid $14k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a 2009 GPX with 1,260 miles on it for $22,500. This is a virtually new car for about $10,000 less that the sticker price when it was new. btw, average speed on the car was 15 mph! I think the original owner used it as a golf cart. After driving it for 2 days (and 1,100 miles) the average speed went up to 63.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are plenty of great deals out there. I would find a lower mileage car. I bought one 2 years ago. 13,500 for an 06 with 10,000 miles on it.
I agree....there are plenty of good deals out there with much lower mileage. I travel throughout 12 states in the midwest and see them all the time in very good shape with under 20k miles. Just my .02 worth.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Foxhound, IMO, hold out for an '08 or later and a GXP if you can afford it. Many improvements over earlier models. If you are not considering a GXP, at least test drive one before putting your money down. Significant upgrades and goodies, and a different car to drive - way better. I traded in my '07 NA for my '08 GXP, and have never thought twice about if it was the right thing to do. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Foxhound, IMO, hold out for an '08 or later and a GXP if you can afford it. Many improvements over earlier models.
:agree::agree:
Be patient and find one with less miles. But go for a redline instead :rofl: (sorry, couldn't resist) :D I have an 08 bought in October of 08 and only have 65K on the odo, it's a daily driver, and runs like a champ!

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
:agree::agree:
. . . But go for a redline instead :rofl: (sorry, couldn't resist) :D I have an 08 bought in October of 08 and only have 65K on the odo, it's a daily driver, and runs like a champ!
Well, if he wants chromed up Japanese anime-influenced style :lol: instead of the true classic roadster look (along the lines suggested to some of the early Ferrari Californias or the Ford Cobra) :thumbs:, then definitely get the Redline. It's a matter of personal taste. (Standing by for the flame wars.)

·
Registered
204 Posts
got my 06 for 10,500 and got an extended warranty so it came out to about 12k financed. It had 85k on it and it runs great like a new car except for water pump. These cars seem very well built. I have only had it for like 6 months and it has 89k miles. I do kinda wish I held out for a low mileage vehicle but fell in love at the dealership, lol.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Foxhound, IMO, hold out for an '08 or later and a GXP if you can afford it. Many improvements over earlier models. If you are not considering a GXP, at least test drive one before putting your money down. Significant upgrades and goodies, and a different car to drive - way better.
:agree: You do owe it to yourself to at least try a GXP. If you drove one for the first time after you bought a NA it would be like having not answered the front door when Kate Beckinsale was knocking because you were having a great game of chequers with your sister....

Well, if he wants chromed up Japanese anime-influenced style :lol: instead of the true classic roadster look (along the lines suggested to some of the early Ferrari Californias or the Ford Cobra) :thumbs:, then definitely get the Redline. It's a matter of personal taste. (Standing by for the flame wars.)
And I thought I was sometimes a provocateur! :devil:
I can see both positions, because I've held both. Liked the Sky styling early on, and later switched allegiance to the simpler less complicated Solstice. Neither is either right nor wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts