Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was about to leave work tonight I finally got the call from my salesman with my vin # and a drop date according to the invoice that they just received. Listed drop date is next Saturday.
$24,525 with everything but smokers package and On-Star.
McGreevy Pontiac in Laconia New Hampshire.
$500 deposit
No MSRP mark up crap.
$75 Documentation fee.
Great customer dealer relationship. I’m so pleased that I’m buying a new Vibe for my wife there.
For all of you folks out there that are being gouged by an unscrupulous dealer make a copy of this post and let them read it. Good luck.
:party:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Well, what's the VIN?????

·
Registered
895 Posts
flaj said:
As I was about to leave work tonight I finally got the call from my salesman with my vin # and a drop date according to the invoice that they just received. Listed drop date is next Saturday.QUOTE]

What to you mean by "drop date"?

Mine was built on the 5th and received my Vin. ..........2578. My EDD, (estimated delivery date) was the 26th, yesterday. Obviously, not here yet and I am not holding my breath. If by "drop date" you mean delivery by next Saturday, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
976 Posts
flaj said:
As I was about to leave work tonight I finally got the call from my salesman with my vin # and a drop date according to the invoice that they just received. Listed drop date is next Saturday.
$24,525 with everything but smokers package and On-Star.
McGreevy Pontiac in Laconia New Hampshire.
$500 deposit
No MSRP mark up crap.
$75 Documentation fee.
Great customer dealer relationship. I’m so pleased that I’m buying a new Vibe for my wife there.
For all of you folks out there that are being gouged by an unscrupulous dealer make a copy of this post and let them read it. Good luck.
:party:

This story makes me happy..... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I was just informed yesterday that when my dealer had checked on the status of my ragtop he was told the build was completed on Oct. 4th. But it was still in Delaware at a hlding facility waiting for transportation by railcar(?). I guess they told him there was a shortage of railcars going to Seattle? they did tell him though that I would definately have it for my birthday on Nov.16th...good thing since it was my gift to myself! I forgot to ask him for my VIN. Now he's gone until Sat. (Oct. 29)...I'll ask him for it then so I can post it for all.
Anyway he asked if I'd let him show it on the floor for a few days, maybe a week. I said "sure we can work something out". But he told me I couldn't get ANYTHING from him because he sold me the car at EXACTLY MSRP and he wasn't making anything on it. I can't even get a keyring off him. SO...
Now that I've thought it over I think I'll just take immediate delivery. What do you all think?

Thanks,
Ragtop Roadster

P.S. I haven't been this giddy over anything sincemy wedding day 33 yrs. ago!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
orlando said:
flaj said:
As I was about to leave work tonight I finally got the call from my salesman with my vin # and a drop date according to the invoice that they just received. Listed drop date is next Saturday.QUOTE]

Mine was built on the 5th and received my Vin. ..........2578. My EDD, (estimated delivery date) was the 26th, yesterday. Obviously, not here yet and I am not holding my breath. If by "drop date" you mean delivery by next Saturday, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If his was made with the corrected parts, it might get there you don't know. His is also only going by truck to NH, yours orlando has the whole train thing to do.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I hope he gets his car as stated by the dealer. It just seems unbelievable compared to all the other stories on this forum of delays and extended waiting periods. Ya, I heard the train adds about 20 days to the delivery process. If they would let me I would fly out to the plant and drive my car home.
I am sorry for doubting his claim. I appologise for my sarcasim.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
orlando said:
I hope he gets his car as stated by the dealer. It just seems unbelievable compared to all the other stories on this forum of delays and extended waiting periods. Ya, I heard the train adds about 20 days to the delivery process. If they would let me I would fly out to the plant and drive my car home.
I am sorry for doubting his claim. I appologise for my sarcasim.
No apology needed. Believe me I know how frustrated we all are about waiting for our cars. I’ve been waiting since April. Good luck to all of us. :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Hey, flaj, did you ever post your VIN #? If so, I don't remember seeing it.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dengel said:
Hey, flaj, did you ever post your VIN #? If so, I don't remember seeing it.
Ya know what, I was so glad to hear that It might be in this weekend I didn't think to ask. It's not a 1st K. But is a 1st allocation. I'll call back and get it tomorrow if I get a chance. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
orlando said:
flaj said:

It is possible but I wouldn't count on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.