Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I haven't been an avid poster, but I do like reading and lurking. I bought my GXP back in 2013 with 23k miles. It lives in my big garage the majority of the year with the battery tender attached and moth balls in mesh bags in the engine compartment and back by the exhaust. I love driving it, but have never taken a "real" trip with it. In 2019 I hit 31k so only 8k miles in 6 years.

This September, my wife and I decided it was time for a long road trip. So off to Georgia we went, visiting friends in Adairsville & Savannah. All in all, we logged 2500 miles. No problems at all, seats were very comfortable. We stopped around the 8 hour mark each day of travel. We got plenty of looks and people came up to us to ask just what the car was - it was a lot of fun. Cruising on the highways was uneventful, but I couldn't resist kicking in the turbo when someone tailgated me at 80 mph. Let me tell you, it hit the 100 mark really quick and the car behind me got very small. Naturally I coasted into the slow lane and smiled as the tailgater flew by. I repeated this a number of times in Virginia where I assume tailgating at high speeds is normal. LOL. All in all a pleasant experience and we were very impressed at the comfort. On the down side, we had the top up so we could pack the "trunk" with soft sided bags. Given the outside temps, we were just as pleased to have the top up and the a/c running. Our adventure is over but it will not be forgotten.

·
Registered
232 Posts
jealous, I know those roads up can be fun. cant believe you just experienced hitting 100. I have done that quite a few as I am a habitual speeder but always where I know the road and the traffic is light as I am well aware i'm in a convertible with no roll bar.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Thanks for sharing your trip John it may be an inspiration to others that don't log a lot of miles on there car to get out & take a good long trip in it. I for one need to do that .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts