Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally warmed up here on long island (if you think 49 is warm) so I decided to go on a nice cruise with one of my friends to get some shots of the new car... right now its a totally stock GXP (ok i installed a K&N intake), but I have a few things in mind.... :devil:.....

it was just nice to get the car cover off, put the top down, and take a nice cruise... and I was surprised to see how solid the car felt at 100+ mph, not that I would ever go that fast.... :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
nice

:cool:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Beautiful. I have a 08 Mean Yellow GXP, with about 9000 miles. Now also has a matching Smoothline club racer top. Makes her more beautiful, and winter comfortable. Suggest your first upgrade be the GMPP STAGE II tune from Crate Engine Depot. Best way to up the horsepower and touque, and benefit from later power increasing mods. Have fun. We have great cars.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Beautiful. I have a 08 Mean Yellow GXP, with about 9000 miles. Now also has a matching Smoothline club racer top. Makes her more beautiful, and winter comfortable. Suggest your first upgrade be the GMPP STAGE II tune from Crate Engine Depot. Best way to up the horsepower and touque, and benefit from later power increasing mods. Have fun. We have great cars.
:agree: on all of above.:thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations, nice to have another solstice owner on LI. I love going to Captree on Sundays, sorry I missed you. Mine is still tucked away for the winter.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks I was looking at the GM performance tune, but in april when it we start to thaw Im gonna get a high flow cat and trifeca tune, unless I can find a tuner near me that would give me a good dyno or street tune....

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations, nice to have another solstice owner on LI. I love going to Captree on Sundays, sorry I missed you. Mine is still tucked away for the winter.
yeah Im going to try to get there more often this year so Im sure Ill see you... mine usually is but had an itch that only a fun drive could fix :)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good except for that rectangular thing on the front bumper and those ugly stickers on the windshield. :) I'm glad we don't have to put any of that stuff on our cars.
lol nothing I can do about the stickers but I have a hide a plate from my old vette that will be installed come spring....

·
Registered
643 Posts
Question for you Long Island guys. I am going to do a motorcycle tour of New England this summer and want to pick up New Jersey and Delaware to complete the east coast states I have toured.

I see that I can get a ferry from Conn to Long Island but can I get to New Jersey without having to go through New York City? Main thing is to avoid heavy traffic if possible. Is there a ferry from Long Island to New Jersey?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Question for you Long Island guys. I am going to do a motorcycle tour of New England this summer and want to pick up New Jersey and Delaware to complete the east coast states I have toured.

I see that I can get a ferry from Conn to Long Island but can I get to New Jersey without having to go through New York City? Main thing is to avoid heavy traffic if possible. Is there a ferry from Long Island to New Jersey?

I'm not in NJ anymore but the short answer I believe is no. There is a ferry from Staten Island NY to NJ but I believe that there are no cars or motorcycles allowed anymore since 9-11. But it is free now I hear.

Solo Dio
08 Solstice GXP Brazen / Inferno Orange

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

yup, its easy.... and no, no ferry to LI to jersey... none of us really want to go to jersey....

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Good looking ride!

·
Registered
643 Posts
yup, its easy.... and no, no ferry to LI to jersey... none of us really want to go to jersey....
Thanks for the info, and sorry to take your thread off topic. mahermusic is frustrated because i don't agree with his coupe being a sound investment. Never been to Jersey, except for the Newark airport for a transfer. They do call it 'the garden state', but I know there are a lot of jokes about it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
mahermusic is frustrated because i don't agree with his coupe being a sound investment.
BWAHAHAHAHAAAA.... Oh that's TOO funny.... that I would even care what someone from "middle tennessee" thinks about my investments... I mean.... you can't be SERIOUS??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts