Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that some are being delivered - does anyone know what the interest rates are going to be through GM - we are looking at putting 1/2 of cost down and financing last 1/2, but can't get any interest rate info from GM as of yet. Does anyone know the rates or how to find out? My bank is slowly raising the rates - its now 7% and I haven't paid that kind of rate in over 10 years! Yikes! :cuss:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Just heard USA M settled the $2085 upcharge in exchange for 19.89% APR :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
achieftain said:
:glol: :glol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Way!

achieftain said:

:willy: I'm dying here thinking I'm going to have to pay 5% or above - I've only purchased Fords for the last 20 some years (Z Plan) and my last vehicle was at .9% and my son's at 3.9% - I'm such a tightwad - I can't see paying 5% or anything above that! If I'm going to pay 19.89% I'll just put it on my discover card and get the cashback points - then shouldn't have to buy any Xmas gifts this year - I'm planning on putting my deposit of $10,000 or so this way and then paying Discover the next month with my savings; this way Xmas for the family will be paid for with the cashback bonus. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
NO, not Discover, use your GM card and build up money for the next one. :lol:

You might hit a snag trying to put the deposit on a card, at least around here. Signs in dealerships say no deposits by plastic; for either the fact that you can easily back out of acard transaction before the dealer gets their money, or the fact that the credit transaction of $10k will cost the dealer up to $300.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
achieftain said:

You might hit a snag trying to put the deposit on a card, at least around here. Signs in dealerships say no deposits by plastic; for either the fact that you can easily back out of acard transaction before the dealer gets their money, or the fact that the credit transaction of $10k will cost the dealer up to $300.
What if you use the CC checks?

·
Registered
383 Posts
achieftain said:

Plus..a tehcnicality in MOST bank contracts (similar to mortgages) states the your down payment is not borrowed. Most dealers do not abide by this...yet it is brought up by some. Most use it when the down payment is so high that the transaction fee becomes a concern.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Should be around 4.99 if you use a bank

·
Registered
383 Posts
of course..all these rates are assuming decent credit

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My one and only GM purchase

achieftain said:

This will probably be my one and only GM purchase. My dad is a Ford retiree and I can get the Z-Plan price on Fords and will always do that as long as it is available to me - I guess I didn't think about the no cards on deposit - if they won't then I'll just give them a check - My local bank is quoting me 7% right now (way too much).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

spyderone said:
Check with peoplefirst.com (part of Capital One). Pretty good rates last time I checked.
Thanks! I will do that. Right now I'm checking out Lending Tree as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not that I've seen

SlipSlider said:
Is there no rates from GMAC yet?
I've gotten on GMAC's website numerous time and the 2006 Solstice won't even come up for rates. I've also called them and in order to give me a rate - they need the car info - I told them 2006 Solstice and they show nothing in the system for special rates and I told her that I assumed no special rates would come up and wanted to know normal rates - she couldn't find anything on that either.

Capital One Auto Financing is 4.99 for 36 months or 5.35 for 48 or 60 months and they will send you a blank check good for 45 days up t a certain $ amount and you fill it out to dealer and they send it in for payment - Simple interest rate and no fees or pre-payment penalties. They will overnight check for $15.00, but to some states such as mine for free. Also the 45 days locks in the rate for that 45 days. I may go this route.

I'm still checking - but this is the best so far - even compared to local banks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
:lol: :lol: :willy: :) :) ;)

Funny stuff !!! Of course I am paying cash for our car!!

Anyone willing to pay 19(+)%, email me & I'll finance it for you!! A hot car - easy to resell - drivers who want the car & will diligently make payments to keep it - why wouldn't any business person take this deal??

If you guys have a home, refinance the home, pay cash for the car, & use the mortgage write off on the refi to save on your taxes. I know this isn't possible for everyone - just throwing out there for those that can use it.

USA

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Possible Layoff

USA Millionaire said:
:lol: :lol: :willy: :) :) ;)

Funny stuff !!! Of course I am paying cash for our car!!If you guys have a home, refinance the home, pay cash for the car, & use the mortgage write off on the refi to save on your taxes. I know this isn't possible for everyone - just throwing out there for those that can use it.

USA
Actually my husband and I talked it over and we are just not comfortable taking any money from any of our savings accounts - not even our "mad" account. With all the Maytag talk - starting with 2500 employees and now down to 1300 and with another 200-250 being layed off and with Maytag wanting to sell out - we've decided to leave our savings alone as it will pay off our house at this time and I can afford one car payment. We haven't been saving for this car as we weren't even looking for a car - I didn't even know about this car until I watched the Apprentice and signed up as a "joke" to my husband, but he being the sweatheart that he is - took the paper up to the local dealer the next day while I was at work and BOOM - I ended up being 1 of 3 that got a car from this dealership! I wasn't even planning on getting this car or keeping it until I found this forum and after reading it for about a month - have fallen in love w/this car and I now want it! So -

Plan A - buy it w/cash and drain my "mad" savings account or

Plan B - cash in our crappy Maytag Stock and pay an additional $5000 to $8000 in cash

or

Plan C - cash in our crappy Maytag Stock and get a small loan for the remaining amount and hold on to savings for when the sell go through on the factory and the closing of the Newton Plant - The CEO keeps reminding them at every chance he gets that this plant costs too much to run

So we are going w/Plan C - I'd rather pay off my house and get out of Dodge - to Alaska - for sure - We spent 5 weeks there 2 years ago and we both Fell in love with it!

So in the mean time - I want to get a small loan at a very reasonable loan rate - not buy any telescopes or camera equipment for 3-6 months and pay it off in that time period - a very do-able thing for us since we usually blow around $1500 to $2000 a month (that is what we pay on discover each month to pay it off each month). Or I could sell my telescope to buy the car - nope can't sell my baby ;)

Unless of course - anyone knows of any place needing a Tool and Die Maker? - otherwise Alaska bound and drive a bus through Denali Park in the summer and take our winters off!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
brentil said:
The GMCard CC checks don't get you 5% points.
No, I didn't mean that! And I'm not going to use a credit card check anyway, I was just wondering if th dealers would accept those as a down payment. I'm making a cash down payment.

·
Registered
158 Posts
achieftain said:

I've had my Sol ( Aggressive ) on order since the first week of March and I put my deposit on my GM Card. Of course now it's long paid off and my dealer has had my money for quite a while now. No problem with charging the deposit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts