Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner of #254 and have enjoyed my car over the last 10+ years, but rarely drive it and life has moved on to other things. Only 25K miles and in great shape as it has been garage kept and lived in Arizona this whole time.

I have thought about selling this car every year for the past 7 years and can never pull the trigger. I get it in the car to take a drive, get her all cleaned up and fall in love all over again! :)

I am curious to get people's opinion on the value of a First 1000 vs. all of the adds I see out there for other 2006 Solstice sales.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Is it worth more tough call maybe to someone who knows these cars and wants one but as I have seen and I follow the market on them the prices are all over the board on Kappas which makes it tough for someone selling one .I've said this before these cars are niche vehicles and the resale market is small especially since Pontiac folded up a lot of potential buyers are leery of purchasing one because of this and there are other options out there for someone looking for a sporty 2 seater . I know what my car is worth but I'll never get it unless I find the right buyer and realistically I would not hold my breath waiting for that person to come along . If you don't need the money ,and as you said you still fall in love with it that's something you can't put a price on , keep it and enjoy it .Who knows in 10 to 20 years what will be the hot car in the market and maybe then people will realise what a great car Pontiac made .

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well said. Keep it. You won’t get what it’s worth to you. Keep it covered and take it out on sunny days and put a smile on your face. :)

Sorry I can’t realky help with pricing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the thoughts so far!

I tend to agree with both of you, which is why I still have the car after all of these years. To me, it is worth something and I re-live the first 1000 rush over again when I get behind the wheel. I got caught up in it all back then. It was never really about the car vs. other options out there in terms of a sports car. After all, it is a 4 cylinder! :)

Good chance I just keep driving it from time to time, but if anyone out there has a different opinion, I am open to ideas...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the original owner of #254 and have enjoyed my car over the last 10+ years, but rarely drive it and life has moved on to other things. Only 25K miles and in great shape as it has been garage kept and lived in Arizona this whole time.

I have thought about selling this car every year for the past 7 years and can never pull the trigger. I get it in the car to take a drive, get her all cleaned up and fall in love all over again! :)

I am curious to get people's opinion on the value of a First 1000 vs. all of the adds I see out there for other 2006 Solstice sales.

Thanks for your thoughts!
I have # 255 with only 8,000 miles. Didyou ever sell and if you did how much did you get? if you don't mind telling me.
I would really like to sell mine.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Glad you have decided to keep it Solglfr as once sold you may miss it. I learned the hard way as i sold my 2007 GXP & ended up buying another GXP shortly after as i just missed my ride way to much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have # 255 with only 8,000 miles. Didyou ever sell and if you did how much did you get? if you don't mind telling me.
I would really like to sell mine.
Sorry - didn't check back until just now. I just posted about selling mine again. I love it every time I drive it, but really a bit of a waste just sitting in my garage. Also, have started to have to put money into it to keep it drive worthy and still haven't sold it due to lack of effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts