Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any speculation when these first 1000 will be delivered? When is production due to start? How many will be produced in one month?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
jandouglass said:
Is there any speculation when these first 1000 will be delivered? When is production due to start? How many will be produced in one month?
Production start 5/31, delivery could be July if all goes well.

·
5,641 Posts
From our late Friday night mailbox.

URGENT SOLSTICE UPDATE!

Solstice's appearance on last night's "The Apprentice" episode on NBC was received with an overwhelming response by consumers nationwide. As of this update, over 20,000 registrations with unique ID numbers have been generated on-line.

Clearly, consumer demand for the all-new Pontiac Solstice is at an unprecedented level, therefore it is imperative that customer expectations are properly managed, especially the important issue of an expected delivery date for their car.

As you are aware, this is not a typical car launch allocation program.

We've received some early feedback that some customers are being given an unrealistic delivery date, some as early as eight to 12 weeks from now. It is vital that every customer be treated equally, and no specific delivery dates promised.

Because of the unprecedented demand for this low-volume vehicle, as well as our intent to deliver only the highest quality car to the marketplace, customers should expect to receive the First 1,000 Solstices in the fourth quarter of 2005. With the incredible response we are receiving from our customers, we are examining methods of meeting the increased demand.

We're committed to keeping open the lines of communication with you and your customers. As we have additional information, we will be passing it on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Justice?

Small Dealer said:

Because of the unprecedented demand for this low-volume vehicle, as well as our intent to deliver only the highest quality car to the marketplace, customers should expect to receive the First 1,000 Solstices in the fourth quarter of 2005.
From an earlier post:

I feel bad for those who didn't get in - maybe you will get the last laugh when the first 1000 cars come in December, and you get one in the spring for $3000 below MSRP.

Maybe I was right. Perhaps there is justice in the world.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
4th qtr???? that's got to be a worst case I hope.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jandouglass said:
I would have to say after reading through the rules again, I believe it states within 180 days from 24 April.???

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
cyberdoc said:
I would have to say after reading through the rules again, I believe it states within 180 days from 24 April.???
Ok, let's say GM doesn't get the car to you within 180 days. What can you do about it? Nothing. They can say whatever they want.

This could be a disaster for GM. If they lauched this campaign and can't deliver the cars during the summer, they'll get no customer loyalty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Ok, let's say GM doesn't get the car to you within 180 days. What can you do about it? Nothing. They can say whatever they want.

This could be a disaster for GM. If they lauched this campaign and can't deliver the cars during the summer, they'll get no customer loyalty.

Yup, :yesnod: I agree it just states you should receive it within 6 months cold take 12 how knows, I order mine. Would be great to gert it for summer. But if not I can wait to drive it during a nice Indian Summer afternoon in the fall 8o)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Small Dealer said:

URGENT SOLSTICE UPDATE!

Because of the unprecedented demand for this low-volume vehicle, as well as our intent to deliver only the highest quality car to the marketplace, customers should expect to receive the First 1,000 Solstices in the fourth quarter of 2005. With the incredible response we are receiving from our customers, we are examining methods of meeting the increased demand.

We're committed to keeping open the lines of communication with you and your customers. As we have additional information, we will be passing it on.
ok...this should give some insight as to why its going to take so long. Whenever a company is late with a product and say they want to delivery the highest quality, it means something is wrong and they are trying to fix it. Who knows what it is or how big the problem is, but I would think there's a problem some where.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Conejo also posted this annoucement under a different thread. See my post.

I am willing to bet whoever sent this out was really talking about the regular production cars and not the EOP. Another case of marketing people at Pontiac not intune with the real world.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I saw somewhere in a Pontiac release on the EOP they mentioned getting one of the first 1000 for the SUMMER OF 05.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
why is there even a gap between EOP and regular allocation?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It looks like GM is telling dealers to inform people who will get an EOP 1000 car that it will be delivered by 4th quarter 2005. This is consistent with prior dealer information indicating GM has a final delivery date in October.

However, this is also considered to be a WORSE CASE SCENARIO by dealers, and that deliveries are expected to begin much sooner. Under laws in some states, dealers must give a deliver by date. Therefore, October was chosen as a safe date to give, just in case there are any unexpected delays by GM. Chances are cars will be delivered sooner, but GM won't guarantee it yet.

I doubt there is going to really be a gap between EOP and regular allocation. They will build the first 1000, and when the last of those leaves the factory, chances are regular allocation models will immediately follow, without a gap.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just a thought....

I think the biggest delivery "gap" between the EOP and regular cars will be due more to local dealer allocation. My small dealer, for example, only has one car allocated for the first quarter production. However they got 4 EOP orders. So they will get those in at the beginning, and then only have one car for the next 3-4 months (and who knows when that one car will come). So in their case the EOP cars will be there long before they see a real number of regular cars. This may not work out the same for larger dealers that have allocations of 15-20 cars. But with the limited production, I would think there are more dealers with small allocations than large ones.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
C5Vette said:
Just a thought....

I think the biggest delivery "gap" between the EOP and regular cars will be due more to local dealer allocation. My small dealer, for example, only has one car allocated for the first quarter production. However they got 4 EOP orders. So they will get those in at the beginning, and then only have one car for the next 3-4 months (and who knows when that one car will come). So in their case the EOP cars will be there long before they see a real number of regular cars. This may not work out the same for larger dealers that have allocations of 15-20 cars. But with the limited production, I would think there are more dealers with small allocations than large ones.
Good point, small dealer allocation will create a time lag there, didn't think of that. Time to talk to your dealer and see what their regular allocation is. As C5 mentioned could be as a as 1 (or 0) to a high of 15-20 for mega-dealers.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Great point C5Vette. Also, how the allocation is being divided up could also leave for some large gaps. Since they have a formula to concentrate allocation on strong convertable/roadster markets, even larger dealers in the north could be waiting a while before seeing Solstices, or they will see a few early but not get too many of them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
On the bright side of this, if fourth quarter does apply to the EOP cars, then perhaps some of the people are registed and pending will drop out if they can't have the car for summer. That would free some up for those still on the wait list. Just trying to put a positive spin on it. :rolleyes:

Unless there is some serious defect with the car, I don't think it will take that long. I just think they are trying to give themselves wiggle room in case something pops up during production and assembly. No doubt past product launches have taught them to be cautious.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The cars are slated to be delivered within 180 days. Production starts in July/August, which means delivery in August/September, possibly as late as October.

·
Registered
936 Posts
SolAnonInsider said:
The cars are slated to be delivered within 180 days. Production starts in July/August, which means delivery in August/September, possibly as late as October.
What happened to the 5/31 production date?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts