Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exceptional News!

Pontiac is pleased to announce that the First 1,000 Solstice retail orders will begin to ship to dealerships the week of August 1, 2005.

And we wanted to make sure that our First 1,000 retail customers were the first to know. Pontiac will tell the rest of the world the great news in major newspapers on Wednesday, July 27, including USA Today, NY Times, and the Chicago Tribune.

Please keep in mind that there will be a limited quantity that will ship next week and we cannot guarantee your vehicle will be included in these initial shipments. However, an acceleration plan is in place and over the next few weeks we expect more vehicles to ship. As previously communicated, we expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be delivered by the end October.

Please consult with your dealership about details concerning your order. They should be able to confirm if your order is either in system or in transit. They will also have access to your vehicle identification number (VIN) when your vehicle is considered in transit to your dealership.

If you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at 866-539-0256 or your local Pontiac dealership.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

Sincerely,

Pontiac Solstice Team
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
3:36 PM for mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
not at home to get mine

thanks for sharing the news
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Got mine at 2:38pm... :) I'll probably be one of those that won't get my car until October, :( and reading about all those that get theirs earlier will be so depressing...... :willy: Oh well, at least we know some people will be receiving theirs soon :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay, let's have some fun with these timestamps, my message was delivered 2:39 and 17 seconds EDT.

Who beats my time? Alabama is central timezone right?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
So it does look like the tried and true method, no VINs will be known until the car is built and/or invoiced to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
I called my dealer

I called my dealer. They have 5 eop cars on order. They did not recieve any info via e-mail from GM on any of the 5. I realize mine may not ready yet, but I would think that if GM had informed those affected of this recent news, my dealer might have heard something.

I hope to hear from someone that has recieved notice

It's lottery time. Check your tickets folks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Since deep is one of the colors reported to have been built first, and mine formerly was scheduled for build the week of July 18th, I am hoping that it will be shipped early in August. Loan is pre-approved awaiting VIN number and final pricing. Ditto for insurance agent. Locked and loaded, just need a car!!!!! :)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Marco said:
...but I would think that if GM had informed those affected of this recent news, my dealer might have heard something.

They did say they wanted you all to be the first to hear it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
How right you are Small Dealer, but it is similiar to torture... :banghead: So close, but yet so far. We have all been waiting not so patiently, and now this build up of anticipation and frustration :smash: We have all been reduced to children..I want my toy and I want it now :lol: ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Subject: Solstice Exclusive First 1000 Update
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:36:28 -0500


Got it. Weeeheeee we're getting closer.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Small Dealer said:
They did say they wanted you all to be the first to hear it.
Called my dealer and they knew did not know about the email we received today, she could not check my order, but will get backe to me on Thursday, nothing like being timely. My time stamp was 3:39, Mysterious, cloth, everything else but onstar and XM
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
mssleepr said:
How right you are Small Dealer, but it is similiar to torture... :banghead: So close, but yet so far. We have all been waiting not so patiently, and now this build up of anticipation and frustration :smash: We have all been reduced to children..I want my toy and I want it now :lol: ....
But this is the last golden moment to savor the experience and spend it here with friends. Next week, we find out who #1 is and perhaps (still think we have to wait til they are built) even who #1000 is. Then a few weeks later arrival and driving for some waits for others Moves the experience to a whole new place. Today you still all stand equal, waiting.


Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Delnari,

Just a thought, you might want to edit out your email address...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Drex said:
Delnari,
Just a thought, you might want to edit out your email address...
Good eye, I took it out. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Small Dealer, you slay me! - LOL

You sure have the right idea! We may as well enjoy the adrenaline and the anticipation while we wait. Really, when have we ever had so much fun buying a car? Usually we just do some sensible research, go to a dealer or two and compare a vehicle or two. Go for a test drive and let our emotions decide what we really want! The entire process reminds me of cave men hunting for dinner but the animal is so slow that it only takes a day and the prey is captured and eaten! But with the Solstice, the animal is elusive and the hunt is not an easy one. By the time we finally get to eat this beast we will be so hungry that you know it is going to taste soooooo goooood!
And they say men don’t like to shop!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Del Solstice said:
You sure have the right idea! We may as well enjoy the adrenaline and the anticipation while we wait. Really, when have we ever had so much fun buying a car? Usually we just do some sensible research, go to a dealer or two and compare a vehicle or two. Go for a test drive and let our emotions decide what we really want! The entire process reminds me of cave men hunting for dinner but the animal is so slow that it only takes a day and the prey is captured and eaten! But with the Solstice, the animal is elusive and the hunt is not an easy one. By the time we finally get to eat this beast we will be so hungry that you know it is going to taste soooooo goooood!
And they say men don’t like to shop!
Yea and no price negotiation either, can't ever remember going to a dealer and not feeling like I got screwed, I really do believe we got a good deal on this car, I think down the road there will be significant price increases.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top