Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have moved all existing members into a new usergroup. It is for the first 1000 members only. If you are a member right now you are a member of this group.

With this new usergroup you can all upload custom avatars up to 125 x 125 instead of the prior 100 x 100. Everything else remains the same. This is my thanks to the original members of the site who are making it a fun and growing resource.

Members signing up after this point will not have all of the same features that the First 1000 crew has. I've learned from Corvetteforum that there are a few very bandwidth intensive features that really should be reserved for those that chip in for them. These include post attachments, gallery uploads and large avatars. I will offer a Supporting Member program in the near future for new members who want to get these features. The first 1000 crew gets them for free and always will. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Troy, thanks as always for a great forum where we can all discuss and learn. Clean and not cluttered, that's one of the great things about this site. Very, very little trash talk. And no confusion whether a picture is an upload or part of a member's signature. (just a few of the nasty forum habits I've witnessed elsewhere) Keep up the good work. (BTW, when I first logged on and viewed a thread before looking at my own profile my first thought was "How dothese people KNOW they're getting one already" :confused:) :blush: :glol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
:lol:

I hadn't thought of the confusion with the first 1000 Solstices!
It was just a "yesterday" thouht as I got caught up on news at GMi that Toyota is engineering next gen 2.9l V6 Corvette to be built at NUMMI. Now that's news I figured you already had. :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
This is a neat idea for the early adopters. I am POSITIVE that the membership here will skyrocket after Solstice advertising begins.

·
5,641 Posts
Try "First 1000 Forum Member" for a title. Then a seperate tag for the members who have one of the EOP would be cool.

At least Canada and the non-50 states USA, dealer and GM employees can be "First 1000 Forum Members" . Thank you. :)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thanks Troy! Nice to be recognized. Now you have to give Fformula88 a golden keys award or something for all the posts he's done! :lol:

PS - Now I guess I have to work on a better avatar!

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Well, mine could be: THE 1000th Member! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solli4me said:
Well, mine could be: THE 1000th Member! :lol:
Now, now didn't you read the FAQ to see what happens when you get a big head, it, it :brentil:

Solli4me, you will always be The 1000th Member. :lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I like the first 1000 tag. Don't change it until after the results are out. It might bring us all luck in actually being the first 1000 owners! (plus that pile of horseshoes in my garage) :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
4,592 Posts
IF we can't all be one of the first 1000 owners, it's a concelation to be one of the first 1000 members.

Cheers Troy!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the honor of the added features Troy! Its a great gesture from you.

I am sure we all owe you a big "thank you" for providing us such a great little corner of the web to enjoy our common interest in these cars too! Everything and everyone on this site is top notch! :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Try "First 1000 Forum Member" for a title. Then a seperate tag for the members who have one of the EOP would be cool.

At least Canada and the non-50 states USA, dealer and GM employees can be "First 1000 Forum Members" . Thank you. :)

Thanks Troy! Very cool idea....Much appreciated...I like the idea of an additional tag for the EOP owners too!

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

As a late comer to the forum I have a lot to catch up on. My dealer contact sent me a website called "pontiac.com/apprentice'. He believed that it was already active and you need a cert and number from this site before the 15 April date. does anybody have anything further on this site?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Welcome bigjon. Everything you need to know is in a FAQ thread created by mceb and located here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22270&postcount=1

Also even though the special web site is created and clickable, until after the Apprentice episode ends or they come on screen and say "go" the site just redirects to pontiac.com

Enjoy the ride. Oh and make sure your dealer did already sign up for the EOP program. If he didn't and there are about 800 out of 2800 dealers that didn't it's unfortunately too late. Chances are good that if he gave you info he is in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Woohoo, sounds like we are to be the elite! :cool: definately a good idea, makes us feel special, now to find a good avatar pic!

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
Troy,
Like every one else, I would like to also THANK YOU for the opportunity to have been and continue to be part of this great forum, and I sincerely hope that as other people join our forum, we can continue to strive for respect to our other fellow members, and as has happened at times that pasions have taken us to stray from our comitment to keep it positive, clean discussions and fun, that our older members (First 1000's) will rise to the moment and remind ourselfs to get it back on course, so this great forum can be a place where people (all people) can enjoy talking and exchanging ideas about our pasion for the SOLSTICE and cars in general.
Thanks once again for the opportunity you have and continue to give us every day.
LV.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks Troy. I wonder how busy this forum will be after 2:05 pm on the 15th. :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts