Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Are you planning on making any modifications to your "First 1000 Solstice"?

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the thread about Mods (both Minor and Major).
I'm curious how many "First 1000" owners plan to make modifications to there Solstice.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Personalized

It's not really mods we will be making as much as making it our own. Every change to a vehicle is for me and that's what makes it special.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Minor/major mod

I voted for original except we really want to paint it burnt orange metallic - we will see when it comes in. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
753 Posts
i'm seriously considering de-badging my solstice. i can put them all in a shoebox and set them on the shelf if i want to restore the original look.
i will install a K&N air filter when it becomes available, run with synthetic oil after break-in, and when it's time to replace the shocks i'll look for an adjustable upgrade- and as other parts need replacing i'll look for the best replacement without regard to wether it is an OEM replacement. i don't think those items are much in the way of modification.
i put lots of miles on my cars so i'm not doing any mods that will stress the running gear. reliability is more important to me than ultimate performance, even in a sports car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will probably be adding 19" rims stagered 8.5 front 9.5 rear if they fit. I will wait the few months that I get with my sol before the regular production cycle starts, just to show off the new ride. Then once you start seeing more sols out on the road I will have to stand out somehow, but i'm not into drastic changes, rims will do for then.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
The idea of a crate engine is interesting... Maybe take the original and cosmoline it.. so the original pedigree can be brought back....

Oh sorry... just some wild pipe dreams.... Thinking about that 700 hp Ecotec dragster......

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
No first 1000 here, so I did not vote. However, I would not make changes had I gotten one, and I will not be making changes to my eventual post 1000 car! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
If want something really fast

Wait till next spring and buy a used 05 Vette. Take the engine out and sell it. Buy the GM LS7 crate motor. You could probably do this for about $3k-$5K over the current new MSRP on an '05. What you end up with is a '06 Z06 powered '05 vette with factory warrenty for a lot less than the $67K starting price of a new '06 Z06. Here's the kicker, you could do this to your convertible version; all factory Z06's are hard-tops.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
IN a way this is another reason I'm glad I dind't get one of the first 1000 because I was planning on making changes to the car. If it was an EOP car I'd find it a lot harder to chop stuff up that would be unable to be put back to stock.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Changes will be minor. Different chrome rims, painted calipers, maybe an air intake system and headers but not much more.

·
Registered
621 Posts
At the very, I'll have to do something with the antennae. Maybe find the world's smallest power antennae or rig a S2000 one. Getting the two-tone interior, so might have to paint the head unit so it will actually match the interior. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'll be doing reversable mods if I do them at all. Might do different grills and rear valance. Maybe dual exhaust (just for looks). Probably power antenna. Maybe stripes. Different wheels down the road maybe. Maybe a supercharger kit if it comes available. Maybe my own two tone interior if I indeed can't get it from the factory. Might ditch the AFBTSs if they totally piss me off. Might look into how to make a bigger trunk space.

Much more likely mods will be dings and scratches! :cryin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts