Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a First 1000 Buyer (Mysterious), I am curious at this point in time how many other FIRST 1000 are contemplating selling their Solstice after taking delivery?

The second question is why did I get the call yesterday indicating that "because of HUGE demand" I needed to call and confirm that I still wanted the car? Doesn't that seem illogical to you? If the demand was so HUGE--why would they care if people "bailed out" of the purchase--they apparently would have no trouble selling the cars.

Let me know!

·
5,641 Posts
Kevin Robison said:
The second question is why did I get the call yesterday indicating that "because of HUGE demand" I needed to call and confirm that I still wanted the car? Doesn't that seem illogical to you? If the demand was so HUGE--why would they care if people "bailed out" of the purchase--they apparently would have no trouble selling the cars.
Under the rules of the EOP, a 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice that is cancelled early enough in the build sequence would be re-assigned to a wait list buyer, for them to configure to their wants. This was just Pontiac taking one last look at the 1000 buyers to see that everything is ok. So the call makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's not a matter of them having trouble selling the cars, but their desire to put the 1st 1000 cars in peoples hands that want one. If the car gets delivered to the dealer and the buyer rejects it the dealer gets to sell it. If the buyer rejects it before it is built the next person on the waitlist will get the car.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Well because if you bailed out that means a car is ordered and built to your specification. Why build a car to a certain spec if that person doens't even want it anymore. Give their slot to someone who actually cares about the car.

I don't think many of the people here are planning on selling their EOP 1000 car. We usually flame them off the site. :lol: Just kidding of course.

If you really want to know head on over to eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4558813943&category=6386

Some persons selling the right to buy their car and it's alreayd up to $3k, and that's NOT an EOP 1000 car.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Under the rules of the EOP, a 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice that is cancelled early enough in the build sequence would be re-assigned to a wait list buyer, for them to configure to their wants. This was just Pontiac taking one last look at the 1000 buyers to see that everything is ok. So the call makes perfect sense.
This is exactly how the program was explained to me. I am on the wait list, so the more people who decide not to get the first 1000, the better my chance of moving up the list. I also take this as a good sign meaning production is just ahead. :party:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts