Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First 1000 VIN numbers (working)

Please indicate what group your VIN is for your first 1000 car. The first set of numbers are expected to be released after July 22.

I will create a new poll and hope one of the moderators will give it a sticky to keep on top of the forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
#

I have not heard what number I am , except that my car should begin production August 15th. ......so somewhere in the middle of the pack. Is there a list of 1000 with time and number position?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sexykenman69 said:
I have not heard what number I am , except that my car should begin production August 15th. ......so somewhere in the middle of the pack. Is there a list of 1000 with time and number position?
I think not knowing what number you are going to get makes this poll fun. As buyers get the VIN from their dealers they can post the results for us to see who got what number. This poll is for the first 1000 Solstices only, sorry :(

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Shouldn't it be a public poll, then? So that we can see who voted for what... Like who the two are that seem to know their VIN already :glol:

Correction... three :brentil:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Like who the two are that seem to know their VIN already
Yea, not sure how these people know their VIN yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mceb said:
Oops, can you reset this poll to include the names of those who responded? Maybe a new poll to reset it back to zero.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Delnari said:
Oops, can you reset this poll to include the names of those who responded? Maybe a new poll to reset it back to zero.
Actually we are powerless on polls. Think only s-man can fix them. Might want to hold off until people start getting their VIN and then reset with new poll.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
mceb said:
I do not, I just figure it would be one of the last, so my answer was between 900 and a 1000, been in FL my assumption was GM would want to send the majority of the cars up North before the weather changes.
It probably be another 30 to 45 days before anyone gets a car, for the sakes of all those folks that can not wait to much longer I hope is sooner, waiting patiently until October.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Solsticeman, please reset this thread back to square one. Need to have the userids of those who responded.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LatinVenom said:
I do not, I just figure it would be one of the last, so my answer was between 900 and a 1000, been in FL my assumption was GM would want to send the majority of the cars up North before the weather changes.
It probably be another 30 to 45 days before anyone gets a car, for the sakes of all those folks that can not wait to much longer I hope is sooner, waiting patiently until October.
Don't count yourself short on the VIN. Nobody but maybe Bob Lutz himself really knows what VIN they are going to get. Since the program never stated how VIN's were going to be assigned, it could be just random dumb luck! I will be check the Vehicle Order System every week starting this Friday for my VIN.

·
Registered
288 Posts
According to the EOP rules Bob Lutz can't get one of the first thousand. And honestly I believe that Pontiac will get all of the first 1000 to those whom participated in the EOP. Yeah, I'm sure Lutz will get the first of the non 1000, but for some odd reason I have faith that all 1000 will go to EOP participants. That's not to say that someone like Donald Trump won't get #1, just that it won't be any GM employees

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if we will ever know who gets VIN 0001?

If it's my car, all my plans would have to change. I would need to bubble wrap it and store it in an enviromentally controlled room for 25 years then donate it to the National Solstice Museum in Wilmington, Delaware.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I read the thread from OS and if I am not mistaking Lori said something like, she could not understand why people from the 1st 1000 did not know their VIN number, since they could get them from their dealer. It is kind of weird since not all cars will be manufactur before the end of August, just a few hundred will be made by the end of August.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I read the thread from OS and if I am not mistaking Lori said something like, she could not understand why people from the 1st 1000 did not know their VIN number, since they could get them from their dealer. It is kind of weird since not all cars will be manufactur before the end of August, just a few hundred will be made by the end of August.
Yep ... but they don't have to wait and see what comes out. It's all computerized, so they know what the order will be before they ever even start producing them ... just a matter of sorting the list on a computer screen.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm just guessing, buy based upon my bad luck with GM and all their shananagans, I would say my VIN number will be 20,000. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts