Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a EOP car, but I'm still waiting for official, in writing, finalized pricing about what I'm going to pay for this car. I want to know exactly what I'm paying before the car arrives. My dealer claims that they can't get official pricing from Pontiac, and so can't write me up. With cars about to roll off the line, I find this hard to believe and am starting to believe they are stalling me. The issue is that I have a verbal agreement from three different people there from the GM on down that I'm getting the car at MSRP (It was the reason I chose this dealership), but I can't get them to write a contract. I'm affraid that they will add a mark up after the car is on their lot and say "Tough luck, we changed our mind. Take it or leave it."

If indeed they are planning to hit me with a mark up, I want to know before the car is delivered so I have the option of canceling my order and giving my car to someone on the wait list. It's probably too late now, and the dealership will get the car and sale no matter what I do at this point, but are there any dealers out there that can tell me if it is possible to write an accurate contract right now given the information Pontiac has supplied so far? Do other EOP folks have contracts?

·
Registered
763 Posts
ummm pricing has been out a while, we have base, option, and destination pricing what are they waiting on?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Same here I have had a signed sales agreement since April with all options and prices listed.

The only thing they don't seem to have yet is the extended warrenty prices
or lots of the after market addons.

I have even got the dealer to order the splash guards for me so when the car comes in they can put them on right away. But they were not able to get me prices on the locking wheel set or windscreen which I wish to add as well.

These are my only unknowns. But these are all extra things.

Something sounds fishy!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I have no prices listed either. The rules of EOP strongly suggested MSRP.

I remember small_dealer saying the prices had recently been moved to AutoBook system (most dealers had trouble finding them prior to that). Maybe they should have a look now if they haven't tried in a while....prices were hard to find back on 4/15.

I'm assuming I'll get together with my dealer to finalize all the details a couple weeks before it comes in.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mceb said:
I remember small_dealer saying the prices had recently been moved to AutoBook system (most dealers had trouble finding them prior to that). Maybe they should have a look now if they haven't tried in a while....prices were hard to find back on 4/15.
Yeah, that's what I need, is for someone like small-dealer or conejo47 to give me details on how to find pricing, so that when my dealer says, "Gee, sorry, GM is still not letting us know." I can point them in the right direction. Either that or confirm that hard pricing info is not really available right now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Why don't you just get it in writing that the they will sell it at MSRP. If you are looking for what MSRP is just go to cars.com and what they have is accurate.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Edmunds and Kelley both have MSRP and INVOICE prices listed and they have been totally reputable in the past. They, I assume, only use official pricing, regardless of how they get it. We had the pricing and then when Edmunds put it up it matched. The only thing they do in TMV pricing is discount destination charge as well which I understand is usually non-negot.

Simple in writing "at MSRP" should suffice as MSRP will be on the window sticker.
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
You can all be envious of me 'cause I'm below MSRP at a yet to be determined level, all on a handshake. (wonders of small-town America never cease)

BTW: FoMoCo has invoice and MSRP listed on their website for most cars so you can shop and compare MSRP to INVOICE to EMPLOYEE PRICING which is now in effect. Walk into a dealer with official mfg's invoice pricing and not just from Edmunds or Consumer Reports and watch their jaws drop.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
:agree: Achieftain-

We are riding the same horse.

Small town Dealers RULE!!!

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
5,641 Posts
xfire305 said:
Does the suggestion to sell at MSRP cover the typical $299 "processing fee?"
No, "MSRP" only includes the actual car, options as built, destination and dealer prep.

·
5,641 Posts
There are several ways a Pontiac dealer could come up with pricing info to complete a purchase agreement.

1) Autobook. This software package is on the GM server in each dealership. Any PC can be set up as to operate this system. It allows a car to be spec'd and priced and prepare an order that can be picked up by the GM order system (VOMs). Solstice pricing has been here since, June 22nd.

2) GM Dealer Pricing. This site can be accessed from the dealer web portal. The web portal is changing, and doing so by region, so not everyones may be the same set up and wording. Any one who has access granted by the dealership security coordinator should get this site from the sales tab or sales workbench. Pricing has been available here since March.

3) Many dealers have a subscription to a pocket pricing guide through a company in California. They issued a supplement section with Solstice pricing in March to be inserted in the last regular issue of the booklet.

4) Dealers can also purchase a large pocket size product manual for their salespeople. This also has a subscription to pricing updates. The Solstice product and pricing update was issued in April.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Saw this posted: sorry can't find link to the member who posted it.
Adding A/c at $990 its about $23,600 for delivery in the US.

Solstice Roadster 19,219.00
U.S.(Domestic) Freight 575.00
Overseas Transportation Charge 1,009.00
Gm Overseas Vehicle Protection 250.00
Delivery Point Processing Service 453.00
UK Show Car Transportation 247.00
UK SVA Inspection/Light Conversion 328.00
Polished Aluminum Wheels 466.00
Ebony Leather .00
Mysterious .00
US8 Stereo 183.50
Premium Pkg 555.50
Power Pkg 588.50
Convenience Pkg 438.00
Floormats 56.50
Smokers 37.50
LSD 183.50
ABS 376.50

·
Registered
14 Posts
Took My Www.kbb.com Solstice Price List - California

I took a BUILD YOUR OWN download of options with prices from Kelley Blue Book and then took it to my local dealer and he ordered it from that. I made
sure they do NOT charge over MSRP.

PURE/TWO-TONE, A/C etc! $23,500 with destination to Ventura, California

I can't wait! :willy:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Small Dealer said:
There are several ways a Pontiac dealer could come up with pricing info to complete a purchase agreement.
Thank you so much for this help. Now when they say to me "We cna't get pricing" I can steer them the right way! Thanks again. :cheers:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had been intending to get down to my dealer to get things in writing. After reading this thread, I finally did. My sales guy assured me that he could do MSRP, not less, but not more. When I asked to get it in writing, he seemed reluctant. I pushed. He said it really wasn't a big deal. I responded that, "if it's not a big deal, why can't you put it in writing?" I ended up talking to his manager who tried to guilt trip me with the "Don't you trust me?" line. Knowing damn well that if the roles were reversed, he would run a credit check rather than just taking my word that I was good for the money. He said he wouldn't even know what to sign, so I ended up sitting at a computer and typing a quick document that just stated that the dealer would sell me my EOP car for the window stickered MSRP. He signed it, and it only took an hour! Oh well, it's done.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I really wish more people could have had the same experience I did with this type of dealing. My sales guy put it in writing for me before I could even hint or ask for it. They also don't charge "Dealer Fees" too, since those are tacked on by the dealer and not necisary to buy the car.

·
Registered
515 Posts
brentil said:
I really wish more people could have had the same experience I did with this type of dealing. My sales guy put it in writing for me before I could even hint or ask for it. They also don't charge "Dealer Fees" too, since those are tacked on by the dealer and not necisary to buy the car.
:agree:
While I won't call my experience negative, I would struggle to call it positive. The EOP/Order stage was me holding my sales guy's hand telling him what he needed to do. This seems backwards to me. The guy was a newbie, so I'll cut him some slack. Then today, trying to get a commitment to sell at MSRP in writing was tougher than it should have been. The irony of the situation was that after he signed the document and the tension eased, we were talking cars and other situations when dealers were charging over MSRP. PT Cruiser, GTO, T-Bird, etc. He mentioned he worked for a Ford dealer when the new T-Bird came out. His sales manager at the time said 10K over sticker, and they sold everyone they could get their hands on at that price. And he wondered why I wanted it in writing?? He of all people should understand this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My first post; SLY CLOTH LSD AIR CONV PAC POLISHED WHEELS.Order on 7-2-05 from s&s PONT perryhall MD Sales contract on blank sheet of paper with price listed for car and options. $500 dollar cash deposit required THANKS GREAT SITE

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same deal here. $500 down and pricing is MSRP.
I don't know if they will try to tack on fees but I'M #2 and been told I'll be looking at mid 24-25K with everthing on it.

White, TwoTone, AC all packages, Monsoon, LSD, AC, ABS ...and polished wheels, ash tray too.. holds cell phone cords but I have no idea where it is (neither did my dealer) any clues?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts