Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., first 1,000 are as good as delivered...what about the next allocation? How many cars in that one? It can't be all 9,000 ordered can it? When will GM ship those? God I want my car!

I see bits of info on allocation cars all over the site, was hoping to pull them together for a clearer source of info. Ist new thread for me, sorry if I screwed it up!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm sure not all 9000 orders are in first allocation. Maybe SD has seen an estimate of first allocation #s.

On shipments of 1st allocation cars, anyones guess but have to think they wouldn't start until mid-late August since they have to blow thru the first 1000 first which will take a little time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pterosaur said:
O.K., first 1,000 are as good as delivered...what about the next allocation? How many cars in that one? It can't be all 9,000 ordered can it? When will GM ship those? God I want my car!

I see bits of info on allocation cars all over the site, was hoping to pull them together for a clearer source of info. Ist new thread for me, sorry if I screwed it up!

Solsticeman put his excel and the available info together earlier today to come up with the below ....look for the "unoffical start of production" thread for more

Full Wkly----% of
Rate-------Line Rate ----Wkly Prod----Cum Prod--------Month
560----------0.5----------280----------280-----------August
560----------0.6----------336----------616-----------August
560----------0.7----------392----------1008----------August
560----------0.8----------448----------1456----------August
560----------0.9----------504----------1960----------September
560----------0.9----------504----------2464----------September
560----------1------------560----------3024----------September
560----------1------------560----------3584----------September
560----------1------------560----------4144----------October
560----------1------------560----------4704----------October
560----------1------------560----------5264----------October
560----------1------------560----------5824----------October
560----------1------------560----------6384----------November
560----------1------------560----------6944----------November
560----------1------------560----------7504----------November
560----------1------------560----------8064----------November
560----------1------------560----------8624----------December
560----------1------------560----------9184----------December
560----------1------------560----------9744----------December
560----------1------------560----------10304---------December

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Lori said a few hundred by the end of August, the way this chart is shown, it has over a 1000 by the end of August, so since she represents GM the stimated figure for the end of August would be around 500 to 600 cars.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Lori said a few hundred by the end of August, the way this chart is shown, it has over a 1000 by the end of August, so since she represents GM the stimated figure for the end of August would be around 500 to 600 cars.
She could also be guessing low since they have been careful not to over promise.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
As I understand it (SD has written on this many times), it really doesn't matter to any of us how long it takes to build X number of cars - or how many cars were ordered before we placed our orders. The ONLY thing that matters is where you are on your dealer's allocation list - and how / when your dealer is allocated cars.

I am #9 of 12 at my dealer - assuming he gets 3 cars in each month of the first 4-month allocation - that would put me in the third month of regular allocation cars. If September is the first month of regular allocation production, my car would (assuming a lot of things I don't know for sure :willy: ) be built in November and delivered in December (Merry Christmas to me :thumbs: )

Unless you know where you are on your dealer's list and what his allocation looks like, you can't know anything. :(

Man, I wish I knew any of this before I orderd my car :cuss: would have shopped for a lower 1st allocation number.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
OK - now here's the bummer part.

Even if you are No.1 at your dealer, he may not have any cars allocated to him for the first, second, third or fourth months. :( Also, from what I understand - if you are working with a small dealer, even if he has a couple of cars in the first allocation - they may not fall until the the 3rd or 4th months.

There are reports on the site that a number of Pontiac dealers in Canada were totally shut out on cars in the first allocation.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Do u mean someone finally figured out how to close the borders? :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
MAKsys said:
OK - now here's the bummer part.

Even if you are No.1 at your dealer, he may not have any cars allocated to him for the first, second, third or fourth months. :( Also, from what I understand - if you are working with a small dealer, even if he has a couple of cars in the first allocation - they may not fall until the the 3rd or 4th months.

There are reports on the site that a number of Pontiac dealers in Canada were totally shut out on cars in the first allocation.
Does my dealer know what allocation I am in? I'm not in Canada BTW... Central Indiana.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yes. You're salesman may not know - but the sales manager damn well should.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts