Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was involved in my first automobile accident in my Sol. Was bumped in the left rear by a girl who was texting. Her insurance will cover the damage but I don't know what to expect from body shops, and I'm so picky about people working on my car.

I have a bit of scrapes and paint chips removed below my left reverse light, and my norms fiberglass diffuser cracked slightly on top. Will they also repair the fiberglass part? It does need a bit of paint also, as does the rear bumper cover, since it went down to primer.

All in all, I'm happy the accident wasn't any worst and that no one was injured :)

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Avoid Caliber Collision. They put the wrong bumper on my G35 coupe. Twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip raygun.

How long does it generally take for the insurance company to contact me? Or should I start making calls? It's Progressive btw.

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
From personal experience they should have contacted you by now another thing to be aware of with them they want you to take your car to one of there authorized body shops you don't have to but a good friend of mine is one of their authorized shops and the work is guaranteed and they get the car done pretty quick .

·
Super Moderator
16,683 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very strange they haven't called. Should i just call them and ask? I always hate being a pest on the phone lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update!! Appointment is scheduled next week with Progressives body shop since I don't know any reliable ones down here. I do have the supercharger on the car and there's no physical damage. I'm worried they may tamper with the vehicle, is it realistic to believe they would? I'm just paranoid because I've done all the work to my car. I'm hoping it goes well :/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And by no physical damage I mean anything structural. The damage I sustained is purely cosmetic and should only require paint and the repairing of Norm's valance that cracked slightly on top.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Tell them

And by no physical damage I mean anything structural. The damage I sustained is purely cosmetic and should only require paint and the repairing of Norm's valance that cracked slightly on top.
Talk to the shop.tell them you DO NOT want them to do anything with the car's engine. NOTHING. Then go to the shop every day, to ensure they understand. Be a pest. The squeaking wheel really does get the grease. As a really wise lady once told me; "you got a mouth...use it!" If you don't watch out for your interests, no one else will. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The first time is always the most tragic experience. I remember my first time I thought that my life is other. I worked very hard for my first car. A drunk dude hit my back of the car. It was total damage. Luckily, I worked with a lawyer from Charlotte Car Accident Lawyer | Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer. He helped me to resolve all the questions regarding the insurance company. Due to his work, the insurance company paid me the money very fast. It was like a record for such cases. I think that lawyers are a must-have in such cases.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts