Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Solstice, wearing its EDAG hardtop, to the Strawberry Festival Car Show in Troy, Ohio today. Well over 300 cars. From streetrods, resto rods, classics, stockers, motorcycles to rat rods. Many people stopping to take pictures and talk about the Solstice. The most common statements were "I've never seen anything like that!". "I had no idea that was a Solstice!" I was out taking pictures of cars and when I get back to the Solstice, the wife tells me that one fella took a zillion pictures and was very excited about the car. I personally talked to many people about the top and where it came from. I do have someone who is supposed to call me in order for me to give him contact info so that he can purchase a top for his Solstice. One of the ladies passing out future cruise-in /car show flyers, asked us to be sure and bring the car to their cruise-in as it would be very popular. Todays show was popular vote by car owners. I left a couple hours early do not know if I won anything. Doubt that I did as there were many very fine cars at this show.

Two pictures of my car early in day before crowd came in and a few of my favorites...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Good times!!!!! Enjoyed the pics!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks awesome and a great day for it as well. You don't see a solstice parked next to a 66 Plymouth fury everyday, except at that show and in my garage. Mine is a sport fury in soft yellow, and although it is an awesome car it will always be option #2 around here. Take my solstice to cruise-in occasionally and most people walk to the rear because they don't know what it is. Followed by the standard reaction "its a Pontiac?"
5 years old and unique already. Keep showing your solstice. Looks great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey ya gotta drive to and from the show don't ya? I often drive 18 miles round trip just to mail something that could easily wait. Why? Gives me an excuse to get it out. And that's what a cruise-in is. An excuse to bring it out. That and chewing the fat with other enthusiasts!

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I trailer my car to shows generally. I have to carry the sineage, Thomas Jane rides along, the cooler, chairs, Punisher Junior, . .. its just too much to fit in the car!

I find car shows both fun and exhausting. Having to talk with all those people . . . .:willy::willy::willy:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do drive it! Taking it "work" tomorrow...I volunteer one day a week at the Air Force Museum Retoration Division. About a 40 mile round trip. The reason I am starting to take it to shows and cruise-ins is because of the large amount of interest it draws because of the top. On the way to the show yesterday, I stopped for gas. Two people came over while I was pumping liquid gold to ask about the car and when I came back from paying, someone was talking to the wife. I've had people talk to me stopped at red lights, restaurant parking lots and two guys in a pickup truck blocked me from backing out of my parking spot at the gunshop just to ask questions about the car! I was going to take the top off today and get my hair back in the wind but now I think it will stay on for a bit longer...I've actually been requested to bring the car to a couple of local shows. Amazing results that the top brings...

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Hey ya gotta drive to and from the show don't ya? I often drive 18 miles round trip just to mail something that could easily wait. Why? Gives me an excuse to get it out. And that's what a cruise-in is. An excuse to bring it out. That and chewing the fat with other enthusiasts!
When you say "it", you're still talking about the car, right?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh you mean when I say "it" am I referring to the car? Uh.... Okay, sure lets go with that! Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts