Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, some parts may be hard to come by, and some repairs can bust your wallet, but generally, over time, I don't see these vehicles as being significantly less reliable or more expensive to own than any other 10-15 year old car.

A good first car would have MUCH more manufacturer support than a Solstice or a Sky, in my never humble opinion.
Correct, the Pontiac brand is defunct, but for the mechanical bits, these are GM "parts bin" vehicles and, minus a few quirks, pose no significant repair knowledge beyond a more pedestrian Malibu or Cobalt of the same vintage. As for support, the longtime members of this forum continue to support the vehicles and owners with extremely good advice and information. Probably more-so than what a dealer technician would provide while the car was in production.

Values have somewhat stabilized and held up pretty well over the past couple of years, If, after a short time, the impracticality, the visibility, costs or the general driving dynamics become an issue, you'd probably be able to sell it for near wat you paid for it.

I say go for it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes, some parts may be hard to come by, and some repairs can bust your wallet, but generally, over time, I don't see these vehicles as being significantly less reliable or more expensive to own than any other 10-15 year old car.

Correct, the Pontiac brand is defunct, but for the mechanical bits, these are GM "parts bin" vehicles and, minus a few quirks, pose no significant repair knowledge beyond a more pedestrian Malibu or Cobalt of the same vintage. As for support, the longtime members of this forum continue to support the vehicles and owners with extremely good advice and information. Probably more-so than what a dealer technician would provide while the car was in production.

Values have somewhat stabilized and held up pretty well over the past couple of years, If, after a short time, the impracticality, the visibility, costs or the general driving dynamics become an issue, you'd probably be able to sell it for near wat you paid for it.

I say go for it.
Try to buy a roof or a hood from GM.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
My Sol is fun, it's pretty, It is as dependable as any other car I have. It has its quirky moments but I love it, warts and all.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
The OP joined seven months ago, posted seven months ago, and hasn't been on for seven months.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP mean yellow
59 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts