That is all. Discuss.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Jimi Hendrix, "Are You Experienced"

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I made a point to bring a CD on the test drive. It was Sheryl Crows "Steve McQueen". Moby's "Play" may be the first full CD or Siameese Dreams by Smashing Pumpkins if the wife isn't with me

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
32 views and no replies? Come on folks, let's hear 'em!

I'm bored! :)

:crazy:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
No fair, I'm not allowed to post attachments. Please Mr. Moderator, upgrade my status, then show me how to do it.

My wife and I have had this discussion. It's her car, so it's all her.

#1 = Rachmaninov, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
#2 = Rosemary Clooney with the Count Basie Orchestra

and if I have my way....

#3 = Rusted Root, When I Woke
#4 = Led Zeppelin, Boxed Set Disc #3 (Kashmir, Trampled Under Foot, No Quarter, Dancing Days, When the Levee Breaks, The Song Remains The Same, and Ten years Gone)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
How about Tom Petty's "American Girl"? Since the Solstice is America's new sweatheart. Plus, it's a great car song.

Actually, for me it would be silence for the first few miles. That way I could hear the exhaust note and the roar of the engine.

For all you speeders out there. Try Spiderbait "Black Betty". That'll get you move'n.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
This topic has been covered in a different form, but:

A Mixed CD, starting with THE DISTANCE by CAKE.

And My God, if any of you are unsure of what to play first, listen to that song, and you will know why I chose it. You won't be sorry. It's from the album, Fashion Nugget.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fortimir said:

And My God, if any of you are unsure of what to play first, listen to that song, and you will know why I chose it. You won't be sorry. It's from the album, Fashion Nugget.
Awesome album! I always liked "Stick Shifts And Safety Belts". :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Fortimir said:

Never heard of it? If it can be defined (one way or another), what kind of music is it?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Bonzo said:
Never heard of it? If it can be defined (one way or another), what kind of music is it?
Cake has a very unique sound, but Alternative is the category you'll find it in. Seen them three times live. They are a great band.

Listen to some samples.
Amazon.com

P.S. Bonzo, judging from your earlier posts I think you'll like "Italian Leather Sofa" alot. The chorus is all you. ;)
He's got a gold watch.
She's got a silk dress
And healthy breasts
That bounce on his Italian leather sofa.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im thinking the Black Crowes "Remedy". The song has an awesome guitar riff and some kicking bass to test out the monsoon sound system

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Another thread about first tunes in your Sol ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2711

Some great ideas in there too, if you're still trying to decide. Moving Pictures has always been one of my favorite albums, so Red Barchetta is right up there on my list. Life's Been Good (by Joe Walsh) is another good one. I think those songs made a couple other people's list also. Jerry Was A Racecar Driver (Primus) is a possibility. And for some reason, the song Pepper (Butthole Surfers) comes to mind. How's that for a bizarre mix? Oh well ... I think I'll get some tunes ready and see what I'm in the mood for when the day comes.

I like Fortmir's Cake suggestion also ... that's a cool song, but I've heard it a bit much on the radio lately.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think I'm going to have to find a copy of "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf.

Get your motor runnin', head out on the highway.......

I know, it's pretty cliche any more, but I think it's appropriate!

·
Registered
121 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
Ill be going with the Cake
Train, Green Day, a little bit of everything......

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Nickelback - The Long Road

·
Registered
504 Posts
On the other thread I gave an answer Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb" first.Nothing has changed,will get the Floyd Boys numb but comfortable feeling in my Litha. :) :cool:

1 - 20 of 194 Posts