Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many things I like about this car and many of the fears I had were unwarranted. First - interior size. I am larger than many at 6'1" 230 and I fit comfortably. The car drives like a classic sports car and with the top down you seem to be on a never ending search for the right road to fully experience the car. Putting the top up and down is a piece of cake. Yes, you can not do it from the driver's seat, but every car that you can, you have to look at an ugly folded top.

Problems include not being able to see the radio dial or the odometer with the top down. (requires cupping hand over dial) People pulling along side-no matter what the speed - and wanting to talk about the car. Getting ready to leave only to find a crowd around the car and being unable to move until every question has been answered. And probably the worst thing is needing a crowbar to pry my hands off the steering wheel and put it away for the night.

It is a car I will keep for a long time into the future. Undecided on whether I will change anything or just enjoy it as it is.

Hope everyone on the Forum has the same experience I have had with my car. Happy Solsticing!
:cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats SolLate on your new ride. I'm anxious to have that same experience of attracting appreciative glances, though it might get old quickly. Have fun!

·
Registered
245 Posts
this makes me feel better about ordering this car. lately i have been thinking about test driving a mustang. i know i know, a ford. but i don't seem to be getting anywhere anymore with my dealer. now there is talk that only 7000 cars will be built this year. what the f#$k! this means that many of us will not have our cars until next year, even though dealers have told us that we would have our cars by year end.

WHAT IS THE TRUTH GENERAL MOTORS? WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY CAR? this whole wait would not be as hard if i just had some info...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm glad you're enjoying it, but do you know how much harder it makes it for the rest of us when we read stuff like this? :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
jester316 said:
this makes me feel better about ordering this car. lately i have been thinking about test driving a mustang. i know i know, a ford. but i don't seem to be getting anywhere anymore with my dealer. now there is talk that only 7000 cars will be built this year. what the f#$k! this means that many of us will not have our cars until next year, even though dealers have told us that we would have our cars by year end.

WHAT IS THE TRUTH GENERAL MOTORS? WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY CAR? this whole wait would not be as hard if i just had some info...
You might have a hard time finding the Mustang, too.

·
4,592 Posts
SolLate, any chance you will sometime soon drive up the 5 freeway through north los angeles, I'd love to see your Solstice. PM me if it might happen :) I've yet to see one, and I'm dying to see one soon!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Editguy said:
Oh, I doubt it, there are two brand-new Mustangs on the lot here in our little coastal Oregon town. However, our Pontiac dealer was allocated 1 Sol, and it was sold weeks ago. I'm #4 on the local list, but I have a suspicion that he won't get any further Sols allocated for a long time, maybe not until 2006.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Editguy said:
i wouldn't have a hard time getting a mustang in calgary. there is probably 2 or 3 at every dealer here... but that is not the point. GM has really made no effort to let anybody (besides the first 1000) know just what is going on with their car. I'M JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HOPE. :(

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ajkelly said:
Oh, I doubt it, there are two brand-new Mustangs on the lot here in our little coastal Oregon town. However, our Pontiac dealer was allocated 1 Sol, and it was sold weeks ago. I'm #4 on the local list, but I have a suspicion that he won't get any further Sols allocated for a long time, maybe not until 2006.
Okay, I should have said get one exactly the way you want it because they are having a hard time keeping up production.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Editguy said:
I'm glad you're enjoying it, but do you know how much harder it makes it for the rest of us when we read stuff like this? :D
Not trying to make it more difficult, just saying the light at the end of the tunnel is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SolLate said:
Not trying to make it more difficult, just saying the light at the end of the tunnel is a lot of fun.
I know, I know. ;)

·
4,592 Posts
RODEO said:
SolLate, any chance you will sometime soon drive up the 5 freeway through north los angeles, I'd love to see your Solstice. PM me if it might happen :) I've yet to see one, and I'm dying to see one soon!
Maybe I could increase your interest by offering a chance to take your Sol out against a MSM :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RODEO said:
I try to stay out of LA, can't stand the traffic. It is bad enough here but the 91 and 60 are parking lots anymore

·
4,592 Posts
SolLate said:
I try to stay out of LA, can't stand the traffic. It is bad enough here but the 91 and 60 are parking lots anymore
So do I, I live in the very northern most part of LA County (30 miles north of LA, near Magic Mountain 5 and 126 interchange). LA traffic is some of the worst in the nation no doubt. I get to commute to santa barbara once a month, now that's a commute!

If you ever think of heading up the 5 freeway for travel, say hi.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
So do I, I live in the very northern most part of LA County (30 miles north of LA, near Magic Mountain 5 and 126 interchange). LA traffic is some of the worst in the nation no doubt. I get to commute to santa barbara once a month, now that's a commute!

If you ever think of heading up the 5 freeway for travel, say hi.
I love videotaping while I ride the coasters at Magic Mountain.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm looking forward to a run up the Pacific Coast Highway...I'll definitely be taking a drive from here, Ventura, through Malibu. But, the drive from Pismo to Monterey via the PCH...that's heaven. Book a room in Carmel/Big Sur...have a nice lunch in between.

aaaah, to dream....

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
ajkelly said:
the 06 V-6s mustangs and convertibles are pretty easy to come by...the GT version is the tough one to find here in northern va right now

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
theartfuldodger said:
I'm looking forward to a run up the Pacific Coast Highway...I'll definitely be taking a drive from here, Ventura, through Malibu. But, the drive from Pismo to Monterey via the PCH...that's heaven. Book a room in Carmel/Big Sur...have a nice lunch in between.

aaaah, to dream....
:agree: I grew up in Oxnard and I love that drive!

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Mustangs run wild in West Texas

Editguy said:
Not in Lubbock, Tx (panhandle region of the state, population 250,000). There are two dealerships in town and there are 42 on their two lots (25 of which are convertibles). The day I see 42 Solstices in one town is when I make it to an Owner's Club rally!! :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
456 Posts
jester316 said:

So buy a Mustang, please. Then enjoy it and get off this forum..I'm sick and tired of everyone knocking GM because they didn't get thier Solstice yesterday.

Do you really think that GM planned this just to make you wait a little longer?
Grow up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts