Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Note, not my car]

Got an email from my dealer today. Their one EOP car came in late last night/early this morning. I don't remember hearing anyone else from the FL area having had an EOP car delivered yet. I don't know the VIN or who it belongs to, but I'm going to try to find out tonight when I go talk to my dealer about my car. Going to try to find out how long transit to FL is too on average.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tally 09-12-2005, 06:02 PM It's In My Garage! VIN # 70 is tucked away in my garage for the night. Arrived at Proctors in Tallahassee, FL
Looks like Tally received one in Florida and I am wondering if this could be one of the other Florida members from the list

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dcon said:
Looks like Tally received one in Florida and I am wondering if this could be one of the other Florida members from the list
Saw all his posts but I dind't even pay attention to where he was located. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like tally is in Tally, so since I'm a couple 100 miles south of him still I'm hoping to get a good delivery estimate for my area (Central Florida) from this dealer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
brentil said:
Saw all his posts but I dind't even pay attention to where he was located. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like tally is in Tally, so since I'm a couple 100 miles south of him still I'm hoping to get a good delivery estimate for my area (Central Florida) from this dealer.

Hopefully yours will get to you quicker than the cars so far. I think he had posted an initial Aug 13 ship date.

Still waiting and hoping for #419 here soon.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
brentil said:
[Note, not my car]

Got an email from my dealer today. Their one EOP car came in late last night/early this morning. I don't remember hearing anyone else from the FL area having had an EOP car delivered yet. I don't know the VIN or who it belongs to, but I'm going to try to find out tonight when I go talk to my dealer about my car. Going to try to find out how long transit to FL is too on average.
Brentil:
Would your dealer know how many more SOL's in the carrier truck?. Maybe mine is headed south on the TurnPike.
:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all :) I've been lurking for some time now but decided i had some news that may be useful to other Floridians.
I looked at a mysterious solstice last night in Gainesville.
It's an EOP Vin 185. It was waiting to be picked up by it's rightful owner. Man I just can't wait to get mine. I'm becoming obsessed. Hellppp!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
brentil said:

Brentil, Let me know what you find out!!! Most likely mine will be on the same transport.

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Got a call from my dealer earlier today. #230something? is here in Jacksonville. Arrived very early this morning by train and was put on a truck to the dealer. I'm going to stop by tonight and see it. This one was scheduled for delivery the 2nd of this month but is just now arriving.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was miss-informed on what I was goinig to see. This was a pre-production VIN 100570 going around Orlando/Central Florida. Nice Red color. I was under the assumption this was a EOP car. However it's good it wasn't cause I got to sit ini it and poke-prod stuff as much as I wanted.

I got to sit in my first Solstice. I have to say all my fears are gone. Added some of my coments vs the MSM and Z3 since they're the only other modern Roadsters I've driven. This is NOT a knock on the MSM, it's a valid comparison for those who tried it and had various height based issues that stopped them from beeing able to drive one like me (because otherwise I would have bought the MSM).
  • I perfectly fit with the roof up!!! I had a good half inch above my hair (which I spike up) to the roof when sitting completely upright. I'm 5'10" but I have a short inseem so I sit like I'm over 6'. In the MSM the roof crushed my hair and rested on my skull even while slouching down. Headroom height was very comparable to the Z3.
  • Thanks to the tilt wheel I can see the guages perfectly fine. I don't remember having a biig issue with the Z3 or MSM with this, but the wheels on both of those did slightly cover the very tops of the guages.
  • The AFBTSs block my line of site as much as the pillars in my wifes RSX. I'm used to having very miniimal blind spots from my ZX2, it's just an issue of me becoming more accustomed to using side/rearview mirros more then I'm used to. I've only driven the Z3 and MSM with the roof down, so no comments on those cars.
  • Side mirros are small, but sufficient. Since I didn't drive the Solstice I didn't get to test them in traffic, but they're comparable to the MSM and Z3.
  • The rearview mirror is perfectly designed to encompass the entire rear window, which (the rear window) amasinigly supplies are very nice rearward view. Comparable to Z3 mirror. In the MSM I sit so tall I had to put the rearview mirror in night-brightlight viewing mode because it doesn't tilt up high enough to even see out the back of the car.
  • The clutch ended up being better then my ZX2 S/R, and I already loved the clutch throw on the ZX2. It was much better then the older Z3 and I'd say on par with the MSM. I can definitely see this being very easy to blip on down shifts.
  • Shifter throw distance is nice, and gave very good gate feedback that let me know when I was in a gear. I had issues with the MSM being too smooth that I was very unsure if I had engaged it completely. The Z3 had good feedback, but not as good as the new Solstice (Z3 was an older 97).
  • The windshield height is high enough for me to look out of it without issues at all. I wouldn't cocmplain if it was a bit taller though. The sun visors are very small and reverse fold flush with the surround, but if you're like me it's a major plus. The Z3 seemed to have more viewable space up and down since it's less angled, but the Solstice seems to have more left to right since it's more rounded and doesn't have little side windows. MSM is very much like the Z3 but when I sit in it completely upright I'm stariing directly at the windshield surround. It's actually easier to see over the windshield then under at that point. When I slouch down in order to see enough to drive the sun visors then take up a good 1/3 of my vission.
  • With my build I sit high enough I can put my arm on the window. It's at a slight angle upwards, but still doable. However the only reason I did this is because it seems important to a lot of people. Persoally my left arm is never in the window unless I'm stuck in rush hour traffic, which isn't very often. I've got cruiise cocntrol on my Solstice but I don't plan on ever using it, so while driving there is absolutely no reason my left arm should ever be away from the stearinig wheel. MSM & Z3 have much lower doors so arm resting is very easy on them. However this is part of the reason I like the Solstice. All my larger friends who own the Z3 or Miata who sit in them look so out of place in this low down car with such low doors. Like they're in a Shriner car. I love how you look like you're down in the car, instead of riding on the car.
  • This car is HOT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts