Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Sounds like good news, if you were conserned about the resale potential. He was smart to list it starting at a low price.

oops, I thought you were speaking about #100 (link was to a Sly) ... it is doing well too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
PAO said:
well looks like a legitimate buyer...at least looking at the profile..just did a buy it now..for 30K for a F1k car....now lets see if the deal closes.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4568891923&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

vin #100 as an offer of 29K...hope he does sell his...has been trying hard..based on family circumstances

If you look at the bid history the same person kept bidding against himself 12 times. I really don't think it's a legitimate person.
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
kevbo1121 said:
thats a deal!!! i'm paying 25500.00 loaded is your sol special gm pricing?? dealer invoice is my price
I bought mine through the Exchange New Car Sales (in Baghdad), but you must be in the military and overseas to go this route. They also only had a limited allotment. I was one of the lucky ones and will pick mine upin the US.

PS: My price also included a discount, which is only given through ENCS ... so I should have one of the best deals on a 2006 Sol. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I bought mine through the Exchange New Car Sales (in Baghdad), but you must be in the military and overseas to go this route. They also only had a limited allotment. I was one of the lucky ones and will pick mine upin the US.

PS: My price also included a discount, which is only given through ENCS ... so I should have one of the best deals on a 2006 Sol. :)
And you earned every penny of that discount man! :thumbs:

:patriot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
deluke said:
If you look at the bid history the same person kept bidding against himself 12 times. I really don't think it's a legitimate person.
You can't really bid against yourself on eBay (not like that anyway). I saw what you're talking about, but that indicates that the previous bidder put in a very high bid (near the "buy" price) and the last bidder kept trying to outbid. It's what they call "proxy bidding" or something like that ... you'll see other things like that on eBay if you watch ... and you'll also notice that sometimes when you place a bid, you have been instantly outbid because the last bidder's original offer was higher than yours.

On eBay, if you bid $30,000 for something but the next highest bidder had only bid $25,000 then the final bid will only be $25,001. It will only go up enough to get you past the other bidder ... it does not take your full bid amount unless you use the "buy it now".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
deluke said:
If you look at the bid history the same person kept bidding against himself 12 times. I really don't think it's a legitimate person.
if the person you see bid on it and he put a maximum bid in of 30,000, and ti started at 25,000 depending on how mayn bids under the 30,000 it would recieve you would only see where his jumped up, not the ones that bid between his first bid and his maximum bid... you cannot increase you own bid on e-bay... Someone else has to post a bid before it will increase...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
SlySol said:
You can't really bid against yourself on eBay. I saw what you're talking about, but that indicates that the previous bidder put in a very high bid (near the "buy" price) and the last bidder kept trying to outbid. It's what they call "proxy bidding" or something like that ... you'll see other things like that on eBay if you watch ... and you'll also notice that sometimes when you place a bid, you have been instantly outbid because the last bidder's original offer was higher than yours.

On eBay, if you bid $30,000 for something but the next highest bidder had only bid $25,000 then the final bid will only be $25,001. It will only go up enough to get you past the other bidder ... it does not take your full bid amount unless you use the "buy it now".
lol we did this at the same time ... Sorry....
PS it is also always nice to make your maximum bid an odd number, that makes it a little harder for someone to guess what your maximum bid was....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Classic66vair said:
lol we did this at the same time ... Sorry....
PS it is also always nice to make your maximum bid an odd number, that makes it a little harder for someone to guess what your maximum bid was....
Hehe ... yep ... it seems like anytime I type something longer than a sentence or two, the same thing is already there just as I click submit. Mine finally got in first this time. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Sounds like good news, if you were conserned about the resale potential. He was smart to list it starting at a low price.

oops, I thought you were speaking about #100 (link was to a Sly) ... it is doing well too!
I went and saw #100 last night. It is an awesome car. They are a really nice couple and even offered it originally to the dealer for $3000 over purchase price and they refused. They wanted him to just give them the car. But now they have several dealers wanting to buy it for display in their show rooms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
You Deserve if for free

MSG_McKee said:
I bought mine through the Exchange New Car Sales (in Baghdad), but you must be in the military and overseas to go this route. They also only had a limited allotment. I was one of the lucky ones and will pick mine upin the US.

PS: My price also included a discount, which is only given through ENCS ... so I should have one of the best deals on a 2006 Sol. :)
MSG McKee, You deserve to get the car for free, Pontiac should be donating it to you for your service. We know that will never happen and not appropriate, but just wanted to show my point. I Thank You for your service, and I am glad you are getting a sizable discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
fak429 said:
MSG McKee, You deserve to get the car for free, Pontiac should be donating it to you for your service. We know that will never happen and not appropriate, but just wanted to show my point. I Thank You for your service, and I am glad you are getting a sizable discount.
:agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
fak429 said:
MSG McKee, You deserve to get the car for free, Pontiac should be donating it to you for your service. We know that will never happen and not appropriate, but just wanted to show my point. I Thank You for your service, and I am glad you are getting a sizable discount.
Want to show your support for our troops and MSG McKee, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, how many members are on this forum? If we can get all to play, lets divide his purchse price up and buy it for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
del_utz said:
Want to show your support for our troops and MSG McKee, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, how many members are on this forum? If we can get all to play, lets divide his purchse price up and buy it for him.
What about the other military members on here?
I think it's a noble idea, but some of us are stretching to get the car as it is. That doesn't mean I don't think it's a good thing to do, or that those who can afford it shouldn't consider it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
kevbo1121 said:
thats a deal!!! i'm paying 25500.00 loaded is your sol special gm pricing?? dealer invoice is my price
You are getting ripped off! Have you seen the sticker and the dealer invoice yet or are they just stating that 25500.00 is invoice? My Solstice fully loaded with every option minus smokers and sticker was $25000.00 and invoice was 23200.00. Ckeck it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kevbo1121 said:
thats a deal!!! i'm paying 25500.00 loaded is your sol special gm pricing?? dealer invoice is my price
you have to be paying MSRP at that price and not dealer invoice!
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
fak429 said:
MSG McKee, You deserve to get the car for free, Pontiac should be donating it to you for your service. We know that will never happen and not appropriate, but just wanted to show my point. I Thank You for your service, and I am glad you are getting a sizable discount.
I appreciate the kind words, but I think this very suggestion caused a heated political debate a few weeks ago. I can honestly say I do not desire any thing other than the safe return of my fellow soldiers.

Enough of me ... I just want you guys to get your Sols! That way I can at least get daily updates and photos. This is a great forum and I just want to interact, without stepping over any boundaries. :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I appreciate the kind words, but I think this very suggestion caused a heated political debate a few weeks ago. I can honestly say I do not desire any thing other than the safe return of my fellow soldiers.

Enough of me ... I just want you guys to get your Sols! That way I can at least get daily updates and photos. This is a great forum and I just want to interact, without stepping over any boundaries. :grouphug:
Just want to say thanks again for your service to our country! Pass the word to your felllow soldiers! :patriot:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top