Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a one liner in this weeks AutoWeek that they'd be doing a Solstice road test next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dls6774 said:
I just saw a one liner in this weeks AutoWeek that they'd be doing a Solstice road test next week.
Will not matter what AutoWeek says,,,,if it isn't built in Europe, they don't like it! I quit reading that rag many years ago. JMO

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Cool. Think September is when they'll all hit. Since Autoweek is weekly they'l be first.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was told at the Detroit event that it should be in the September issues of all the magazines and they have been told that it will be on the cover or all or most of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
actually what typically happens with an american car is that it is initially reviewed pretty favorably. But when the comparison test rolls around, the car will rank dead last and all of the sudden they will point out a bunch of new and made up flaws.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
cman321 said:
actually what typically happens with an american car is that it is initially reviewed pretty favorably. But when the comparison test rolls around, the car will rank dead last and all of the sudden they will point out a bunch of new and made up flaws.
I can see it now. :lol:

2006 Pontiac Solstice:
Good - Crisp handling. Throaty exhaust.
Bad - It's American (oops. don't print that).

·
Registered
352 Posts
If your on the road and track questionaire from their website they asked me which Solstice cover you'd like better.

Two red Solstice covers...one nicer than the next.

It was pretty cool. I tried to create a link for this site but it was unavailable for me to do as I thought about it an hour or so after viewing.

You might want to sign up at road and track and see if you can't bring a copy of the magazines here for us to choose.

Headline blub is the road test for the C6 z06 and the photo on the cover is of the Solstice!

RED looked dam sharp and probably the color I would go with if I bought one...

It was definitely a WOW! You'll see it any day now !

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sooooo, am I the only one here who plans on starting a "Cover Car" collection for the Solstice. I plan on framing each magazine cover that features the Solstice, and will hang them in my garage.

Unfortunantly, the framed covers will show up in the garage before the car does, but once I get the car in there, it should look :cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
9_Ball_Slim said:
Sooooo, am I the only one here who plans on starting a "Cover Car" collection for the Solstice. I plan framing each magazine cover that features the Solstice, and will hang them in my garage.

Unfortunantly, the framed covers will show up in the garage before the car does, but once I get the car in there, it should look :cool:
Great idea, 9 Ball. Think I'll do the same.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the early MX-5 reviews I have read say the car has some comfort problems. hip pain for the driver. for the passenger, the left side footwell intrudes too much and you have to sit at an angle.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
nyca said:
the early MX-5 reviews I have read say the car has some comfort problems. hip pain for the driver. for the passenger, the left side footwell intrudes too much and you have to sit at an angle.
Don't you just hate that; driving down the road askew.

My 12 EEEs probably wound't fit in the footwell either. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts