Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another thread just for fun...what was your very first NEW car?

After driving 25 different used cars from 1969 thru 1986, I bought my first new car...a 1987 Pymouth Horizon 4-door, 2.2L, auto, black. I worked for a Chrysler-Plymouth (may Plymouth rest in peace...) dealer at the time as Parts Manager. I tricked the Horizon out with Omni GLH parts...front air dam, fog lights, etc. and a rare Direct Connection (remember them?) rear deck spoiler. Sort of a pseudo-tuner car...

In 35 years, I've only had 3 new cars...
1987 Horizon
1991 Dodge Caravan (still own the darn thing, it has been a great vehicle...145K miles and still running, although the paint is starting to shed at an alarming rate)
2001 PT Cruiser

I'm hoping the Solstice will be the next one!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
New cars...only 2 that I remember....> 1986 Nissan 200-SX and 2001 Ford Escape (intro model year). Loan is up on the Escape soon freeing up valuable funds for the Solstice :smile

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first NEW car was a Mazda GLC. Slow as ****, but it was FUN. It had a 1.4 liter engine with a slick 5 speed. I HAD to shift all the time to keep it moving :D Still got 30 plus MPG no matter how hard I drove the car. Up to 36 if drove normal.

I am hoping that this car will be fun to drive also. Looking for over 30 MPG on this one as I am getting 25 to 26 on my TL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts