Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a Solstice. Upon inspection, I noticed this bar is bent. I couldn't find this piece listed anywhere. It's only on one side of the car, here's a pic:

What is that and where can I get a new one?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
While looking into purchasing my '06, I discovered the same problem. I took the car to my master mechanic friend and we got it up on a drive on lift. No structural damage, everythink looked good except for that bar. He took a large chunk of steel round stock and bent it back into proper geometry. Went back to dealer for a carfax type report and it showed that the car had banged into a parking block. A few weeks later, I decided to have the wheels powdercoated as the PO had painted them black. Discovered that the right rear wheel was bent very badly but yet caused no driving problems! Had to ditch the wheel and get a new/reconditioned one from the local salvage yard. So...assume dipstick previous owner switched the wheels around to save some money and screw the new owner.

I either go to the local Chevy dealer and they can get most anything (item #3 in my illustration) or I check Ebay...believe I have seen that part on Ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
While looking into purchasing my '06, I discovered the same problem. I took the car to my master mechanic friend and we got it up on a drive on lift. No structural damage, everythink looked good except for that bar. He took a large chunk of steel round stock and bent it back into proper geometry. Went back to dealer for a carfax type report and it showed that the car had banged into a parking block. A few weeks later, I decided to have the wheels powdercoated as the PO had painted them black. Discovered that the right rear wheel was bent very badly but yet caused no driving problems! Had to ditch the wheel and get a new/reconditioned one from the local salvage yard. So...assume dipstick previous owner switched the wheels around to save some money and screw the new owner.

I either go to the local Chevy dealer and they can get most anything (item #3 in my illustration) or I check Ebay...believe I have seen that part on Ebay.
Thank you so much! Do you have a part number or name? Any idea what it's for? It's pretty thick bar, it has to be something semi-important :)

My car is a 2006 to clarify, i'll fill out my info right now

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,471 Posts
Thank you so much! Do you have a part number or name? Any idea what it's for? It's pretty thick bar, it has to be something semi-important :)

Previous owner lost control in rain and drifted into a ditch. I'm playing it safe and just replacing everything I can while the parts are still in production. My car is a 2006 to clarify, i'll fill out my info right now
The part number is 10375093 and it is identified as "BRACE - Radiator & Front End Tie".

Back when the cars were introduced, many of us speculated what it was for, and no one was for sure.

:dunno: :willy:

By the Way, welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
In fact this place can get it, beware of shipping charges..

10375093 - BRACE
GM PART # 10375093
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
List Price: $33.35
Price: $20.41
You Save: $12.94 (39%)

GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Try a local chevy or pontiac/saturn dealer..shhssss part is cheap, the mission is to find one,,
Oh and BTW, I'm with dave welcome to our forum..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bazzy! I am the GM Customer Care Representative in the forum. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you ever have any questions. Enjoy your Solstice!

Jackie
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Welcome Bazz - looks like the members (as usual) have followed up well for you!) Let us know how the replacement goes.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum and its good to see you're getting familiar with your Sol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe it's a tie down brace for transporting? :dunno:
Like a tow hook?

Since we're speculating, and going by the name it was given, it looks like it was there to protect the front of the car from hitting "tall" things (curbs), thus ruining the radiator and pinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts