Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey ya'll! Thanks for the Solstice forum!
I'm looking forward to buying my first new car!!!!!!!!!

Amanda ...

[edit: just testing out the edit feature since this is a test thread anyway. I changed no content from the original post-FF88]

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome to our happy home of all things Kappa.
The Sky and SOlstice are wonderful cars.

:thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome onboard Amanda! Glad to see you are picking one of these great roadsters to be your first new car! That has to be very exciting for you!! :cool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!... and then some...

It's nice to be so warmly welcomed! thank you! It's nice to meet all of you...

I've just been getting more and more excited lately as I have realized what an excellent job GM did bringing that car into production. I work at GM, and when the concept car came out - I LOVED it.... especially the coupe. I certainly admired it - but knew - I had to back away... forget about it.

In reality - my thought was not - "gee - I sure hope they make that, and make it well..."

My thought was rather - "I guess I'll have to make it myself." I was wondering what vehicle I could use to dismantle... and maybe make my own fiberglass molds to recreate it... (probably wouldn't be able to see it, due to copyright) - but that's just how much I loved it.

I absolutely, then, simply put it out of my mind that it would come to be - as well as it has, anyway. Since that time, they have been working on it - just upstairs from me... but even upon seeing it, I still had it out of my mind that I could ever have it... It can be too disappointing if you start to like it... and... then it changes, or doesn't even come to be.

That's why it's rather an all of a sudden "ah-ha!" moment for me now. I went to the autoshow last Friday - excitement level high, because I had just realized the production version was simply spectacular...

REALLY??? that's the PRODUCTION!? wow....

oh, man... it's actually going to be...

and then I stood there, in front of it, at the auto show... little black beauty... listening to the comments from others around me... - they like it, too! :cheers

I stood there, waiting, for the man in his black leather blazer, to do his schpele... and I gotta tell ya... I was feeling the comeback... the reality dawning on me... that GM might just have done it... no - by golly, they HAVE... brought back "driving excitement!"

oh, it's so sexy...

I've got nothing against the Miata at all - a great, fun little car it is...

but, man - I hope this Solstice just smashes the records of Miata sales. I hope this car does so well, that investing in GM stock now, will pay off WELL!

Seeing that they built this one right (well, these! right)... I'm thinking there's hope for GM after all...

please, please... as I've heard.... just work out that power steering!

:)

thanks for letting me ramble on...

amanda

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
Welcome Amanda, happy to have you join the forum. :thumbs

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi there Amanda! Welcome to the forum. Lots of great folks here, it's a lively but friendly group. And very supportive of one another. You'll like it here.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
amandakoh said:
It's nice to be so warmly welcomed! thank you! It's nice to meet all of you...

I've just been getting more and more excited lately as I have realized what an excellent job GM did bringing that car into production. I work at GM, and when the concept car came out - I LOVED it.... especially the coupe. I certainly admired it - but knew - I had to back away... forget about it.

In reality - my thought was not - "gee - I sure hope they make that, and make it well..."

My thought was rather - "I guess I'll have to make it myself." I was wondering what vehicle I could use to dismantle... and maybe make my own fiberglass molds to recreate it... (probably wouldn't be able to see it, due to copyright) - but that's just how much I loved it.

I absolutely, then, simply put it out of my mind that it would come to be - as well as it has, anyway. Since that time, they have been working on it - just upstairs from me... but even upon seeing it, I still had it out of my mind that I could ever have it... It can be too disappointing if you start to like it... and... then it changes, or doesn't even come to be.

That's why it's rather an all of a sudden "ah-ha!" moment for me now. I went to the autoshow last Friday - excitement level high, because I had just realized the production version was simply spectacular...

REALLY??? that's the PRODUCTION!? wow....

oh, man... it's actually going to be...

and then I stood there, in front of it, at the auto show... little black beauty... listening to the comments from others around me... - they like it, too! :cheers

I stood there, waiting, for the man in his black leather blazer, to do his schpele... and I gotta tell ya... I was feeling the comeback... the reality dawning on me... that GM might just have done it... no - by golly, they HAVE... brought back "driving excitement!"

oh, it's so sexy...

I've got nothing against the Miata at all - a great, fun little car it is...

but, man - I hope this Solstice just smashes the records of Miata sales. I hope this car does so well, that investing in GM stock now, will pay off WELL!

Seeing that they built this one right (well, these! right)... I'm thinking there's hope for GM after all...

please, please... as I've heard.... just work out that power steering!

:)

thanks for letting me ramble on...

amanda
I think many of us feel the same as you! The Sol just isn't another car, but one that makes some people feel they just have to have it! It is a little polarizing, and some people don't seem to like it at all, but thats going to happen with any vehicle that takes some styling chances.

They have brought back some driving excitement with this one! :cool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not just another car...

Fformula88 said:
I think many of us feel the same as you! The Sol just isn't another car, but one that makes some people feel they just have to have it! It is a little polarizing, and some people don't seem to like it at all, but thats going to happen with any vehicle that takes some styling chances.

They have brought back some driving excitement with this one! :cool
You're absolutely right. In my eyes, it is pure and simple... but there are no compromises. It is the designer's purest intent, built from the sketch and followed through without managerial changes - and that is when a design can really speak to your soul.

The just have to have it part was definitely reinforced for me when the guy at the auto show said, "When we first announced we would make this car, we made a promise to you. And we have kept that promise. The Solstice will start at $20,000... and will top out at $25,000."

Aw, man... that's all there is to it.

I'm buying it - just buyin' it!

·
Registered
120 Posts
amandakoh said:
My thought was rather - "I guess I'll have to make it myself." I was wondering what vehicle I could use to dismantle... and maybe make my own fiberglass molds to recreate it...
Hearing a woman say this has brought a tear to my eye <sniff> :lol

Welcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts