Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't take long for me to fall in love the first time I saw it in a magazine. All the reviews were all positive and it even impressed hard core enthusiasts. My biggest fear was that my height (6' 4") would not allow me to purchase one. I did read that Lutz designed the car with tall guys in mind. In fact one of the engineers was well over 6 foot. I found out that a dealer just got one in so I drove to take a look. I gazed around the car and from every angle it looked awesome. Then the critical moment came. I opened the door and sat in. With the seat all the way back and the door closed, I as comfortable. More than I imagioned. I'm sold on the car, just one thing though. I'm going to wait for the Turbo next year. With more power this car will be in the elite of the roadsters. Gary

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Welcome to our world. Great to hear that you fit. I am ONLY 6 feet, but have most of my height in my legs (33 inch inseam), so legroom is an issue while headroom is not. I fit perfectly in the Solstice and that was without messing with the seat back adjustment to see if there was another notch available.

I loved the driving position (but didn't get to drive it). :(

The Turbo version should be very exciting, but an old guy like me doesn't need that much punch. I'm just looking for good handling and ride and all the reviews seem to say that the Solstice has that. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts