Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter called me today to tell me she was sitting at a red light next to a Sly Solstice (she said she likes my Deep better). She was about ten miles from our home. I told her to get out, run over and check out the VIN#. She told me it was raining and I was crazy. What's up with kids today? :lol: I guarantee I would have at least made an effort to get the driver to pull over to talk. That is our first "second" Solstice sighting. Have any of you seen another Solstice on the road yet?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Doesn't count unless the viewer is in a Sol at the time. :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giz,
You are really tough! :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Maybe we should have a thread just for reporting Sol sightings, for awhile anyway, until it becomes common.

Anyone come up with a Solstice Salute? Maybe a hand shading eyes from the bright SOLstice.

·
5,600 Posts
I saw a Sly in downtown San Francisco but couldn't get the driver's attention.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Maybe we should have a thread just for reporting Sol sightings, for awhile anyway, until it becomes common.

Anyone come up with a Solstice Salute? Maybe a hand shading eyes from the bright SOLstice.

There was a thread on the salute Giz. You can probably search it.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Marco: A salute was mentioned by you in the link I gave previously, which is why I brought it up again!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Crimson Avenger came up with what I think is the most appropriate. The sign language for "sun."

[Maybe he or someone else can pull it into a post. I don't know how.

Ah, I got it.

[edited to remove files. See Crimson Avenger post #15 below]

·
Registered
621 Posts
I ran into a sly in Hershey like the second or third day I had mine and they said that they ran into a pure around E-town.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yesterday, driving into my subdivision in my Deep Solstice, I noticed one of my neighbors had a Deep Solstice in his driveway. He is a GM engineer at the Milford Proving Grounds, and he will be driving this one for a couple of months. So......not only have I seen another Solstice, but it's also a mirror image of mine, and only 8 houses away. :willy:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
That's extra credit to Rogobuck. Could get a bonus if your neighbor joins the Forum! :)

Marco and ZolSol still tied for the lead because of the bonus for dual Forum members, Rogobuck in third! :)

Who made me the scorer? Self-appointed. :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Crimson Avenger came up with what I think is the most appropriate. The sign language for "sun."

http://www.lifeprint.com/

Maybe he or someone else can pull it into a post. I don't know how.

Ah, I got it.

Well, since you asked, here's the reprint from an article a while back...

See [link to Solstice Salute post by Crimson Avenger]

Here's the text from the article:
Crimson Avenger said:
We actually covered this a while back:
link to ASL sign for Sun... A good salute!

I'll repost it here for convenience:
Crimson Avenger said:
Perhaps, the Solstice wave should be the ASL sign for Sun. It would symbolize the Sun (or Sol as we will know it from now on) and the freedom of the open top wheels on the road spirit.... See the American Sign Language University at http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/s/sun.htm: (images linked below)

Waving is good for camaraderie. When waved at, or given the thumbs-up by other drivers, Solstice pilots should also give them the Solstice salute in return.

In most cases, the smile, and the similarity to an ordinary salute will be greeted with understanding by the general public, and the Solstice owners will know it's a special sign. :cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
No Solstice sightings in my area.......

I have not seen a Solstice on the road. However, when I get my Solstice, I will be seen everywhere in it........ :yesnod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts