Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Solstice finally made its debut here in Wichita today. They've had a pretty steady crowd, according to the salesman.

I've got some questions/comments:

1. The front license tag holder really spoils the front end. :devil:

2. It reminded me of the hubster's old corvette. How is the visibility?

3. It's got a bigger rear view mirror than my New Bettle!

4. The dealership was just letting folks sit in the car and putting the top up and down. How hard is it to get the top back up? We saw him put it down but missed putting it back up.

Thanks for any and all comments!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Putting top up and down

Hi,
The Solstice top goes up just as easy as it goes down. When the top is in the UP position you press the key fob rear decklid button and the two side top flares POP UP. You then take your hand and pull the entire deck lid up till it stands straight up. You unlatch the top from inside and then you push up on the top (from the inside) and push it down into the rear area equally on both sides..this is important. You also leave the latch in the OPEN position when closing the rear deck lid...this is very important because you can damage the closure if you CLOSE the latch, as this will prevent the deck lid to lock in place. It's really easy and I can do mine in about 30 seconds...no problem at all. To put the top up you do everything in reverse order. I've had # 725 now for 5 weeks and it has 560 miles on it. I plan to drive to Cleveland from Huron (about 70 miles) this Sunday, but the top will be UP!
Hope this helps you to better understand the Solstice Top Operation,
Ron

·
Registered
191 Posts
lrc4620 said:
The Solstice finally made its debut here in Wichita today. They've had a pretty steady crowd, according to the salesman.

I've got some questions/comments:

1. The front license tag holder really spoils the front end. :devil:

2. It reminded me of the hubster's old corvette. How is the visibility?

3. It's got a bigger rear view mirror than my New Bettle!

4. The dealership was just letting folks sit in the car and putting the top up and down. How hard is it to get the top back up? We saw him put it down but missed putting it back up.

Thanks for any and all comments!
Here are your answers in chronological order:
1. Yes, yes it does. Unfortunately for some of us it is a necessary evil.

2. From my limited time in the driver's seat, it seems to be very wide.

3. What in the world posesses you to drive THAT?!?!?!

4. it's quite simple actually. Open the trunk, lift the ragtop to the winshield, close trunk, lock top on winshield, lock in two extensions on back.

Hope that summed it up for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.