Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
C/D-observed fuel economy - 16 mpg ... ?????

My Burb can better that! :willy:

I would not put too much stock into the Mazda Forum information. ;) They also stated that they used a preproduction Sol, so that may be an excuse for the "plastic" remark.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
C/D-observed fuel economy - 16 mpg ... ?????

My Burb can better that! :willy:

I would not put too much stock into the Mazda Forum information. ;) They also stated that they used a preproduction Sol, so that may be an excuse for the "plastic" remark.
The plastic on the inside of the Solstice is rather cheap. I was a bit surpised at how cheap it really was..specifically, the door plastic. I was taken back by it, but got over it.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
but to get 16 mpg ... they must have bee really "doggin" it! They said that was an avg mpg, so I cannot believe they drove the cars equally and the Sol was 8 mpg behind the Mazda.:confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
The plastic on the inside of the Solstice is rather cheap. I was a bit surpised at how cheap it really was..specifically, the door plastic. I was taken back by it, but got over it.

It took a brave man to say that on the Solstice Forum. Now let's hope the Solstice Club of America doesn't ban members from NC from joining. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I posted in the thread over on MF.

The 6.5 0-60 and 16 mpg seem off :willy:

I expect C&D will be toughest on Solstice, they were on the Engand test articles I thought so expect that to follow through on production review.

Anyone a C&D subscriber? Be interested to see this article.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think they forgot to add one thing on the MX verdict as a low....downright bland design! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
TerpFan said:
It took a brave man to say that on the Solstice Forum. Now let's hope the Solstice Club of America doesn't ban members from NC from joining. :lol:
Well, it's true. I love the Solstice, but was surprised at the cheap plastic door interior. No big shakes. It doesn't effect the car as a whole. I'm still getting it! :lol: I may have to make my own one man chapter though! Would that be a SCAM (Solstice Club of AMerica)? :willy:

·
Registered
753 Posts
i'm looking forward to more mx5/solstice comparison tests. i think the mx5 is much improved but still true to the original Miata concept. i think that were it not for the Solstice, the price point on the mx5 would have been a lot higher- probably closer to the 'non- discounted' price for a Mazdaspeed Miata. i'm glad the solstice is being compared to the new mx5 and not the previous miata.
hooray for competition... it generates interest and pressures manufacturers to deliver the best product at the best price-
and while i'm on my soapbox, let me say again, thank you to mazda for making the miata in the first place- before the miata a reliable sports car that you could use as a daily driver was an oxymoron.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's the one aspect of the car I don't care for, is the cheap plastic look. A souped up interior package even if it were $2k I would have gotten it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Adrenaline said:
That's the one aspect of the car I don't care for, is the cheap plastic look. A souped up interrior package even if it were $2k I would have gotten it.
Excellent point! GM take note! Or expand on the leather option to include the doors! That would cover it!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea it's definitely a basic interior but I like the simple uncluttered look.

·
Registered
753 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Excellent point! GM take note! Or expand on the leather option to include the doors! That would cover it!
i had to go back and look at some interior pictures because i recall thinking the interior was clean, uncluttered ergonomically correct and rather nicely designed. i was even impressed with the standard cloth interior. when comparing to other cars i've driven, the only thing i notice is that the leather seems heavier. if that is a bad thing (less supple) or a good thing ( better wear) i still haven't decided.
after looking back over the interior photos of actual cars... mostly from the detroit event.... i haven't changed my mind. i still like it alot.
out of curiosity, i'm wondering what car you would use as a benchmark for a well designed interior?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
One quote from the Mazda forum comments worth noting, referring to the "October" issue of C &D:
I picked it up last night at the Barnes and Noble on Northpoint Parkway at Northpoint Mall.
I'm going out and look today.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The comparsions between the Solstice and MX-5 are really about to heat up now. Time for all us Solstice lovers just let the MX-5 lovers have their say then we can move on. Frankly, do any of you who buy a Solstice care what the MX-5 has or doesn't have over the Solstice? When a new MX-5 pulls up next to you at the stop light, just smile and wave. They have the car they love and you will have the one you love.

Now if you want to compare the two just because they are in the same classification that's okay too. You and I don't need to decide which one is better than the other; we have already made our choice.

With that said, if you feel the need to debate the differences and it makes you feel more proud of you car then go for it! For me, having the most exciting car out of Detriot in decades is enough for me. I will be waving to everyone who cares to look over at the stop light, and reserve a big ear to ear smile for all those MX-5 owners. :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
carnut said:
ONLY HAD MY CAR FOR ONE WEEK .HAVE ONLY 326 MILES ON IT. GOT DOWN TO 1/4 IN THE TANK IT ONLY TOOK 10 GAL TO FILL IT FULL SO MUCH FOR 16MPG.
I doubt that you have driven the car in that 300 miles anywhere near as hard as they did.

I least I hope you haven't. ;)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts