Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

Richard Truett - Automotive News / August 01, 2005

You need an account to see the rest of the article. I don't have one. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Here's the whole article...

Automotive News said:
First Solstices to ship on Wednesday

By Richard Truett
Automotive News / August 01, 2005

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

He added that there were no last-minute problems with the Solstice and that the program will be profitable for GM. There is a waiting list of 10,000 customers for the Solstice, Reuss said.

Production of the Saturn Sky roadster, which shares its chassis with the Solstice, will begin later this summer, Reuss said.

GM will offer a detachable hardtop for the Solstice later this year, which can be bought via dealership parts departments.

Reuss said other variations of the Solstice are being considered for production. They include a high-performance model with a turbocharged engine, and a lightweight coupe with a fixed roof to appeal to club racers.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Article said:
GM will offer a detachable hardtop for the Solstice later this year, which can be bought via dealership parts departments.
ooooh! :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Automotive News said:
SWEET!!

:party:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stang said:
Don't they mean next summer?
That's what I assumed when I read it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
stang said:
Don't they mean next summer?
no, i hink they may mean this summer. thats a little ahead of schedule. i wonder why.

maybe the production of pre-release skys/skies/skieters will be what they mean by production. ...curious....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swatthefly said:
no, i hink they may mean this summer. thats a little ahead of schedule. i wonder why.

maybe the production of pre-release skys/skies/skieters will be what they mean by production. ...curious....
Perhaps. Maybe a batch of mules or something?

·
Registered
184 Posts
hard top

Sweet!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I Was Told By The 3 Dealers That I Talked To That The Sky Was To Start Arriving In January. It Makes Sense That They Would Start Producing Them Soon. Hopefully That Wont Affect Solstice Production!

·
Registered
121 Posts
hard top option.......1st I heard of that....sounds good for winter here in the North East.

:D

·
Registered
139 Posts

Reuss said other variations of the Solstice are being considered for production. They include a high-performance model with a turbocharged engine, and a lightweight coupe with a fixed roof to appeal to club racers.
Great news all around! :party:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hard Top

Are there any images of the hard top out there? Anybody? :cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
SPIROB said:
I Was Told By The 3 Dealers That I Talked To That The Sky Was To Start Arriving In January. It Makes Sense That They Would Start Producing Them Soon. Hopefully That Wont Affect Solstice Production!
I also had a dealer tell me that the Sky was moved up from March to December.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sky is definately coming out as 2007 model (heard radio commercials) so anything made in 2005 must be test cars etc.

·
Registered
397 Posts
dferkler said:
hard top option.......1st I heard of that....sounds good for winter here in the North East.
:agree: Yes. This is the first confirmation I've heard of a removable hardtop as well. I know there has been much speculation, but have we heard a guarantee on it before this?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't think we should get to excite over this announcement. The Sky will more than likely come out of the gates in the same stages as the
Solstice. A few work horses to shake out the major bugs then later pre-production models for the executives to evaluate. My rumor mill still has offical ordering to commence in late November through your local Saturn dealer. This should put first deliveries in around late February or early March.

·
Registered
472 Posts
removable hardtop

SD SOL said:
:agree: Yes. This is the first confirmation I've heard of a removable hardtop as well. I know there has been much speculation, but have we heard a guarantee on it before this?
The Head GM guys in Portland that I talked to confirmed that they will have a removable hardtop available for sale for the cars.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts