Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
FOUR THOUSAND on the wait list!? :eek: Holy CRAP!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pontiac dealers have an additional allotment of Solstices available for pre-order during this period.
I wonder if Pontiac is thinking of a way to get some more orders in...give dealers more allocations, something. Too many people left out isn't good, many will get frustrated and drop off.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
The Solstice early order program will continue through Sunday, April 24. Although the exclusive "First 1,000" cars have been ordered, Pontiac dealers have an additional allotment of Solstices available for pre-order during this period.
Isn't that special. Do we get to go through the madness again?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solli4me said:
Isn't that special. Do we get to go through the madness again?
They would just reach into the wait list and offer more people cars.

·
5,641 Posts
During the broadcast explaining the program on March 23rd, the Pontiac representative said almost 2,000 dealers had signed up by the deadline. Well Pontiac allowed dealers to sign up after the deadline. Those late additions were not promised a listing on the Apprentice Program web site or their display materials on time.

So lets say they did get to 2,000. If only 650 dealers represent the first 1,000 group, then just over 30% of the enrolled dealers got cars for their customers.

And the additional allotment of cars the article talks about are the July-August-September-October production allocation numbers that Pontiac supplied the dealers with on the 7th.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Actually, even though I'm sour grapes right now, (a nice glass or 2 of pinot noir is helping to mellow me out) I'd like to say thank you to all who created and maintained this website with such thoughtful & humorous devotion. I can't tell you how many times I found applicable and timely (read useful) information in these posts, as I attempted to secure my car.
Without you guys, (in the information realm) I'd have been < 0.
Michele

1 - 7 of 7 Posts