Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a white one of these today driving around downtown Tallahassee.
It was really nice looking in person.
Aren't these produced in one of the old Solstice factories?

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Well I'm not totally sure but I believe their intent was to build the next car there, and now that they have loan trouble they might not be able to.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
The Karma is built in Finland. There is a white one around here, and ther are very nice cars.

Fisker's plan is to build the Atlantic (original code name Nina) at the former Kappa plant in Wilmington. Note: there was only ever one "Solstice factory".

Fisker hasn't completed all of the reporting needed to get the bulk of the loan from the DOE, so the project is delayed.

Maybe the project will get back on track and maybe it won't, but it is still technically alive. Time will tell.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I've seen 2. One on the road in Cleveland back in December. And one up close at the AutoShow.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Saw a Karma in person a while back in Vegas. May have been Leo Decaprio's.
What a coincidence, I was in Vegas mid-April and stayed at the Auria. The mall next door had one from a dealership (beautiful ruby color like "wicked"). I have to say that I was suprised at the sticker price $110,000.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
What a coincidence, I was in Vegas mid-April and stayed at the Auria. The mall next door had one from a dealership (beautiful ruby color like "wicked"). I have to say that I was suprised at the sticker price $110,000.
Ya, I was there in March - apparently the manager of the Wynn has a Red one, but Leo's was silver.

·
Registered
747 Posts
There is a dealer by my dentist. Got to sit in one and talk to them about it. For 100 Grand its an amazingly nice car worth much more in my opinion.

Also the most comfortable car I have sat in. And I have sat in allot of high end cars and sports cars.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
A guy here is West Van is driving one. Look nice but seem larger in person than I'd expected. Think I'd take the Tesla before the Fisker!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
As predicted, and after about $140million taxpayer monies wasted on Fisker ...
they went belly-up last Friday, Nov. 22nd, as they filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy .

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I parked next to one at a car show once.

The look on people faces when I told them it was a 4cyl, and even more my solstice had the same engine.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
A "strategic partner" in our industry was calling on Fisker to supply components to them. Yeesh, it had to be over a year ago when I cautioned them to start checking into the background and status of their operations. I believe they backed off but I need to ask. Hope they didn't get stuck with unpaid bills.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
The government doesn't have deep pockets, they get their money from you and me.
You beat me to that one. You guys (Americans) sure seem to have deep pockets (or like voting for people that have a problem treating the government money as if it were coming out of their own pockets).

Wonder how the Fisker owners, who laid out serious dough for the cars, feel about not having a manufacturer in business any more. At least WE are able to get a lot of parts from other GM models when we need them.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What a sweet deal! Fisker was built up with taxpayer dollars, now the partners intend to sell it off after chapter 11 for pennies on the dollar, yet the partners still get to keep Fisker's $340 million tax break accrual that they intend to apply to other investements in their portfolio.

Maybe I should forget the stock market and start making big donations to the DNC instead!

·
Registered
612 Posts
A guy here is West Van is driving one. Look nice but seem larger in person than I'd expected. Think I'd take the Tesla before the Fisker!
:agree: No gas upon which to rely, plenty of power and short of a couple flairing up after a hard frontal crash, they've been fairly problem free.

HERE'S the story on their BK and pending sale to a Chinese firm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts