Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching that bubble grow foe a year, finally decided to fix it. Pulled the door panel, removed the window switch and lifted the vinyl away from the plastic panel. Stuck a coat hanger in to keep the vinyl away from the panel and sprayed Loktite adhesive into the resulting cavity. removed the coat hanger, pushed everything together and BINGO! No more bubble.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Good job!

You were lucky (?) that your bubble happened where it did. Most I've seen (including mine) seem to occur at the rear of the panel, far away from the window switch opening :(

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good job!

You were lucky (?) that your bubble happened where it did. Most I've seen (including mine) seem to occur at the rear of the panel, far away from the window switch opening :(
You're right. anywhere else would be much more difficult. I saw somewhere a trick for getting that whole middle panel off. It is held on by several plastic studs which are (I think) spun welded into place. The plastic heads were ground off flush for removal and once the panel is recovered or glued, the studs can be center drilled and small washers and screws used where the stud heads were removed. Having that center panel off of the door panel would make repairs much simpler.

Bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts