Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The internet sales guy just calle me 5 minutes ago and said they can take pre oreders for 5 cars. I AM NUMBER ONE with him. He said the price is MSRP as dictated by pontiac. They have to sell the first 1000 at MSRP. He sttd that that the first 1000 havw certificates and some kind of badging in the car. I am meeting him on Moday noon to put in my order.

This ia a car for my wife!!!!! hehe

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
JERRYM said:
The internet sales guy just calle me 5 minutes ago and said they can take pre oreders for 5 cars. I AM NUMBER ONE with him. He said the price is MSRP as dictated by pontiac. They have to sell the first 1000 at MSRP. He sttd that that the first 1000 havw certificates and some kind of badging in the car. I am meeting him on Moday noon to put in my order.

This ia a car for my wife!!!!! hehe
wow, that's awesome. It even sounds like things we've been hearing over time, and what people found out from the KC show too. Get a copy of your order sheet so you can post it for us to see. :D

·
4,592 Posts
As much as I can't buy a first year Sol, I'm thinking how cool it would be to have one of the first thousand, all the first year stuff aside! We've said it before, if the Sol is a hit, like the early vettes, imagine having a first year one.

Very cool!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more info

The dealer just called back and said he gave me wrong date for ordering. He said that the Aprentice TV show on April 14 will announce the new car and that they will start taking orders on Friday the 15th. He said that the ndealership was supposed to put out all the new brochures on the 15th. He said that his dealership was allotted 5 cars.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
As much as I can't buy a first year Sol, I'm thinking how cool it would be to have one of the first thousand, all the first year stuff aside! We've said it before, if the Sol is a hit, like the early vettes, imagine having a first year one.

Very cool!
Hope they are a better badge than the 50th anniversary T-bird. But this 5 per dealer with only 1000 available can only mean less than every tenth Pontiac dealer will be able to participate in this order. :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
I think we've seen the badge on one of the auto show cars, can anyone find it?

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
But this 5 per dealer with only 1000 available can only mean less than every tenth Pontiac dealer will be able to participate in this order. :willy:
I imagine the majority will go to the sunny states, that should alter the one in ten issue.

·
4,592 Posts
Well, that was faster than I could have found it, thanks!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My dealer just faxed me details on what is happening with their early order program. Most of this to do with matters that they have to tend to first enroll the dealership, ad schedules etc. The early customer order program begins April 15th and ends April 24th for the first 1000 Soltice equiped with special VIN numbers, IP trim badge, and "ther Soltice premiums" whatever that means! Dealers must sell for MSRP and not above and a maximum of five cars per dealer. (How many Pontiac dealers are ther anyway?) Customers only can resgister and purchase, and are on first come first serve basis. These are for June production cars. Sounds like Pontiac is going to make a big promotion of the Solstice. :willy:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ps: I Want One Of The 6' X 3' Solstice Dealer Banners! Really Cool!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Cool thanks guys. I'll e-mail my dealer on this early order thing. Mid April sounds about right with what we've been hearing.

Looks like it all synchs up with the Apprentice as their big marketing kick-off.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
:cryin:
RODEO said:
I imagine the majority will go to the sunny states, that should alter the one in ten issue.
:cryin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got the following e-mail from our local Pontiac dealer today:
Wanted to give you an update. Pontiac is having a early order program. Starting about April 15, you will be able to order one and it will be one of the first 1000 built. It will have a special vin sequence, unique trim badge, certificate of authenticity and other Solstice premiums. I can not guarantee the order will be in in time but if we don't try it won't for sure. If you have any questions, please call me.
end quote

So I gave them the money and I'm going to hope for the best.

I hope this isn't a bunch of c...p and that it will come as he described it! :cool:

Edit Sorry to repost what everyone had already said above but I was in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
From my dealer: Besides the dealer Solstice banners, the dealers with have customer posters, an in dealership walk-around DVD, table toppers, pocket cards, buttons, and of most importance, a customer program guide for the Early Order Program. I would be willing to bet that the badging will be both exterior and interior and something more permanent than dash stick ons. Dealers will not receive their promotional kits until the week of April 4th. This sounds like we will then be able to pick up the customer guide, which I assume, will have specs, option and pricing lists included??? :party:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
Dealers will not receive their promotional kits until the week of April 4th. This sounds like we will then be able to pick up the customer guide, which I assume, will have specs, option and pricing lists included???
Great, that was my next question...we need final information ahead of 4/15 in order to make decisions. Could really use a nice website like MX-5 has with the color options :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
OOH! Let's speculate on what sort of "Solstice Premiums" they're illuding to...:willy:

Here's to hoping they slip the first 1,000 out the door with removeable hardtops, HUD, and an M62 on board!:cheers:

OK, realistically, what could that mean? Maybe a Solstice-specific car cover or tonneau cover? Wind blocker? Cheezy sunglasses?

·
4,592 Posts
A bag of M&M's in a matching color :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Maybe fitted luggage. Mr. B mentioned that fitted luggage is indeed in the works. He also blurted out the lowest estimate for trunk volume I've heard thus far.

Suffice to say, you don't wanna hear it. Less than 2 cu. ft. with the top down.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The Solstice premium means your Solstice will actually have a functional, working top! :glol:

Cool news! Sounds like a neat program!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts